Died saving another man

Aye suicide is a dark thing, especially when it comes down to depression or feelings, as opposed to illness.

My cousin topped himself. Tragedy imo, he was a good man. He left behind a big hole... and we say that makes it selfish? Sometimes you look at yourself and decide to do something, it's for you. Is that selfish or just making a decision?

The problem (normally) is the people they leave behind. Those people question "could I have done different and helped been better". The truth is if you dont know you can't help.

I applaud that man who gave his life to try and save another. My love to his family.

• Like 4

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when you make the decision to end your life ,its cause no other avenue is open to you ,AS FAR AS THE AFFLICTED IS CONCERNED ..they feel their a burden to everyone around them ...their aint no light at

Only selfish to the uneducated.

So had to rush home from work this morning to drop kids to school and when going back through the town I live in some man got a bus from another town into my town walked to a bridge that goes over the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fenman1# said:

I get what yer saying and I also think they think there doing the better thing but they should think about there parents or kids like I said my aunts lights are on but nobody is home and I'm certain if she never had grandchildren she would do something silly to her self too, god forbid my son ever thinks like that cause if he done something like that I would follow cause we live to protect our kids right, even tho you can't, in your heart and mind you would want to be with them I just think at some point they have to think about there parents or kids and wonder how it's going to affect them, been a few lads in this town done it and there mums are going around years later fried on valum 

What's going through the mind of someone about to commit suicide minutes before they do.nobody knows probably mate.

Tragic events in your town though.such things just make you shake your head a bit as it's extremely hard to understand and make sense of it all..

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, king said:

What's going through the mind of someone about to commit suicide minutes before they do.nobody knows probably mate.

Tragic events in your town though.such things just make you shake your head a bit as it's extremely hard to understand and make sense of it all..

True and yeah it is a tragic town for suicide tbh new graveyard full of young fellas me and my brothers grew up with from drug overdoses to suicides. Subscribed medication is destroying young fellas life's here in this town going around like zombies. sad to see same fellas was just like us a few years ago, grew up with them running up and down rivers poaching salmon out lamping with your dog and any lurcher that followed you out the road shepdogs and everything just went the other way in life 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

True and yeah it is a tragic town for suicide tbh new graveyard full of young fellas me and my brothers grew up with from drug overdoses to suicides. Subscribed medication is destroying young fellas life's here in this town going around like zombies. sad to see same fellas was just like us a few years ago, grew up with them running up and down rivers poaching salmon out lamping with your dog and any lurcher that followed you out the road shepdogs and everything just went the other way in life 

Like they say the brain is the most powerful thing in the universe.full of natural chemicals.a slight imbalance in them or adding to them through drugs etc can have huge effects.

A lad I grew up with took 1/2 an E and it had a massive effect on him. He was sectioned for a few years then weekly jabs from the nurse..

I think,you all are expressing your views with logic....as we all do,...when you see a person gone to the depths of despair,with no idea how to fight back,then their thoughts become totally illogical...to us....but not to them,....their train of thought is manipulated and contorted by despair,.,and they can't find rhyme nor reason to go any further with the situation,and I'm talking from experience,over a 40 year period of a sister who's still institutionalised,never to live a life of freedom or independence,...no one will ever grasp what it's like unless you live it yourself,...even I don't after all this time but I kinda get the reasoning behind it to some extent

• Like 6

If only you guys new the amount of suicidal people my office gets called out to just on a weekly basis would amaze you, since this COVID lark it’s gone through the roof it’s sad to be honest.

Its a shame about the guy trying to save another it’s a decent humans natural instinct to help out but now his family will only have memories.

If someone wants to do the deed then there's nothing you can do but wait to find the body. you would think they'd do it away from publics eye so ,no one puts themselves in harms way to save them as its in human nature to try and save another.

R.I.P to both especially the man who tried to save him thoughts with his family left behind.

27 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I think,you all are expressing your views with logic....as we all do,...when you see a person gone to the depths of despair,with no idea how to fight back,then their thoughts become totally illogical...to us....but not to them,....their train of thought is manipulated and contorted by despair,.,and they can't find rhyme nor reason to go any further with the situation,and I'm talking from experience,over a 40 year period of a sister who's still institutionalised,never to live a life of freedom or independence,...no one will ever grasp what it's like unless you live it yourself,...even I don't after all this time but I kinda get the reasoning behind it to some extent

sorry bought your sister never seen it from your eyes i do agree to an extent after all every case has a different story weather they have a terminal illness ,just gone in the head etc.

• Like 1

I wonder if on line betting has a lot to do with a lot of people wanting to do with it. Getting into debt and chasing lost money and cant find a way out.

RIP to both men.

Cheers Arry

2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Few days ago young lad threw himself under a Train on the local east coast Line .

As just said Covid restrictions has suicide thru the roof here in the U.K. and will impact figures going forward for years thru irriversable damage already done .

RIP both them lads and I tip my hat to the lad trying to save the other .

Suicide on the railway happens a lot Max, it’s just the public don’t get to hear about it last couple of weeks there’s been several in our area on the eastern region some times two a day or more then there’s the ones who are suicidal which take up a lot of time and resources, lock downs are destroying people’s mental health the country needs to get back on its feet to give people some hope and purpose in their lives.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I spend most my days wanting to die..I wake up and go to sleep thinking it..it literally is never out my thoughts..I have blamed myself for years wondering why I have this pervtic weakness....

People who kill them selfs must be going though hell to take that step..

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, tb25 said:

Unfortunately I spend most my days wanting to die..I wake up and go to sleep thinking it..it literally is never out my thoughts..I have blamed myself for years wondering why I have this pervtic weakness....

you need to seek help asp mate, you shouldnt spend your days with those thoughts my pm is open to you as a complete stranger,    speak to to your doctor, speak to anyone thats willing to listen do it now

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, tb25 said:

As the lads have said mate..get on the phone to the doctor there is help available.