Died saving another man

So had to rush home from work this morning to drop kids to school and when going back through the town I live in some man got a bus from another town into my town walked to a bridge that goes over the key and jumped into the water to commit suicide and a local man see it and tried saving him but currant was to strong and sadly killed both lads. The fella that wanted to die died at the scene but just heard the other chap died in hospital and he was a gentle man left he's wife and 4 kids behind trying to save another man, he was a great fella to community too done loads for kids and stuff, would always try get troubled kids into fishing or boxing or anything that would keep them straight and narrow. When I nearly lost my leg last year I thought nothing could be worse but imagine dieing trying to save another man on your morning walk

• Sad 9

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when you make the decision to end your life ,its cause no other avenue is open to you ,AS FAR AS THE AFFLICTED IS CONCERNED ..they feel their a burden to everyone around them ...their aint no light at

Only selfish to the uneducated.

So had to rush home from work this morning to drop kids to school and when going back through the town I live in some man got a bus from another town into my town walked to a bridge that goes over the

Posted Images

I think it's selfish anyway my cousin killed him self last Xmas my aunt hasn't and never will be the same again, not only did he take he's life but my aunts life is ruined over it, don't get me wrong I loved him we grew up together but to see my aunt now it's kinda unforgiving. She used to love her dog shows and going to markets all she does now is stay at home and cry over he's photos and asking herself why he done it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

I think it's selfish anyway my cousin killed him self last Xmas my aunt hasn't and never will be the same again, not only did he take he's life but my aunts life is ruined over it, don't get me wrong I loved him we grew up together but to see my aunt now it's kinda unforgiving. She used to love her dog shows and going to markets all she does now is stay at home and cry over he's photos and asking herself why he done it 

I get you mate, I lost two of my best mates to suicide in 2019 and have seen the suffering it's caused. 

Still, maybe it's selfish of us for thinking they should just snap out of it, I mean how fcuking low and worthless must you feel about yourself to commit suicide. 

That's another topic, just a horrible situation, the world needs more of his kind. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 7

when you make the decision to end your life ,its cause no other avenue is open to you ,AS FAR AS THE AFFLICTED IS CONCERNED ..they feel their a burden to everyone around them ...their aint no light at the end of their tunnel...they have lost all rational thought ...its the complete opposite of being selfish,in fact they sometimes think their doing everyone a favour by taking themselves out of the equasion...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
12 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

when you make the decision to end your life ,its cause no other avenue is open to you ,AS FAR AS THE AFFLICTED IS CONCERNED ..they feel their a burden to everyone around them ...their aint no light at the end of their tunnel...they have lost all rational thought ...its the complete opposite of being selfish,in fact they sometimes think their doing everyone a favour by taking themselves out of the equasion...

End this thread on these words, just sums up perfectly ! It's harsh ,seen as a cowards way out ,but just thinking your a bit down ,to throwing yourself under a train ,are miles apart ,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I get what yer saying and I also think they think there doing the better thing but they should think about there parents or kids like I said my aunts lights are on but nobody is home and I'm certain if she never had grandchildren she would do something silly to her self too, god forbid my son ever thinks like that cause if he done something like that I would follow cause we live to protect our kids right, even tho you can't, in your heart and mind you would want to be with them I just think at some point they have to think about there parents or kids and wonder how it's going to affect them, been a few lads in this town done it and there mums are going around years later fried on valum 

45 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

I get what yer saying and I also think they think there doing the better thing but they should think about there parents or kids like I said my aunts lights are on but nobody is home and I'm certain if she never had grandchildren she would do something silly to her self too, god forbid my son ever thinks like that cause if he done something like that I would follow cause we live to protect our kids right, even tho you can't, in your heart and mind you would want to be with them I just think at some point they have to think about there parents or kids and wonder how it's going to affect them, been a few lads in this town done it and there mums are going around years later fried on valum 

They are thinking of there parents when they decide to end it , there thinking the parents will be better off without them , it's an illness they no one can comment on unless they've been there 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Qbgrey said:

A 53 yr old mate of mine hung himself yesterday great hod carrier and family man.its easy to say they are selfish etc,but look at people who stab,murder,harm others they are selfish too.terrible thing to want to do to yourself.