bench press fail 500 plus kilo

this is scot mendleson a power lifter who has held many bench records ...hes also a bit of an arm wrestler Gnasher might have herd of him....

this fail was at a meet last week....the weight on the bar is 1121 lb....508 kilo....hes wearing a bench shirt as this is equipped lifting ...basically its a very thick tight shirt...

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

this is scot mendleson a power lifter who has held many bench records ...hes also a bit of an arm wrestler Gnasher might have herd of him....

this fail was at a meet last week....the weight on the bar is 1121 lb....508 kilo....hes wearing a bench shirt as this is equipped lifting ...basically its a very thick tight shirt...

Edited by shaaark
3 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

Seriously?

3 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

Seriously?

1 minute ago, low plains drifter said:

It's easier to get out of the way with a mobile phone than a load of professional camera equipment

You know?

Sorry lads, I don't mean the guys that were videoing the attempted lift, but the guy in grey, to the right, was still filming it when the others had started to rush in to help!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, baker boy said:

Fck...he lost that pretty sharpish, how much do those stupid shirts add to a lift

quite a bit ....but its also a bit of a skill learning to use one ...i think scot is one of the few bench pressers that has pressed 700 lb raw only a few people have done it....the world record at the mo is 780 raw.... 

the only thing they can wear raw is wrist wraps and a belt i believe 

Decent arm wrestler Scot Mendleson not sure how old he is now but must be well into his 50's i'll never understand the attraction of lifting to your max at this age you're just asking for an uncomfortable post sport life.