" Nanny Foxes "

That's the Catch 22, mate; The cam won't function if they're not on full charge ?

It's okay. I just bought a cheap torchy thing. Takes three AA's. I've put three in it and left it on. As long as the LED's can out last eight batteries, I'll be sorted ?

5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

That's the Catch 22, mate; The cam won't function if they're not on full charge ?

It's okay. I just bought a cheap torchy thing. Takes three AA's. I've put three in it and left it on. As long as the LED's can out last eight batteries, I'll be sorted ?

only issue with LEDs is they use very little energy. make sure its on full to discharge them asap

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, si brown said:

They often let a vixen from the group stay near by, me and a mate shoot over a big free range pig farm where the dog fox’s never stays to help out, strange cos it’s the only place I go like that!

think the mum will start eating the chicks herself soon if not already as the Cubs are all well on over my way and a healthy size... she’ll be training them on grub hunting and not giving them free meals

I held some cubs last weekend that were still under ground and there eyes had only just opened,but well over a month ago i saw a cub on a road that had been run over and that had been above ground for a good few weeks already. Tis a funny old countryside out there with no hard written rules that much is true..:victory:..

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I just wondered if your problem is a dodgy sd card KD? Worth trying a different one perhaps.

5 minutes ago, ands said:

I just wondered if your problem is a dodgy sd card KD? Worth trying a different one perhaps.

Okay. Got four acid batteries, rated as 'Normal', in the top compartment. Just stuck four Ikea's in the bottom. That brought the display up to full stripes. Cam's happy with the charges.

Stuck in a 16MB (?) card. All I have to hand. Set it to Video (Probably not my smartest choice, on reflection!) And have hung it on the gate, to watch my dogs.

Give it five minutes and I'll get the card back. Format it and set it to photo's. Though, saying that? It'll hardly Test the thing, will it? 16 MB? Barely take 90 seconds of vid anyway! I'll be seeing the same result either way ?

11 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Okay. Got four acid batteries, rated as 'Normal', in the top compartment. Just stuck four Ikea's in the bottom. That brought the display up to full stripes. Cam's happy with the charges.

Stuck in a 16MB (?) card. All I have to hand. Set it to Video (Probably not my smartest choice, on reflection!) And have hung it on the gate, to watch my dogs.

Give it five minutes and I'll get the card back. Format it and set it to photo's. Though, saying that? It'll hardly Test the thing, will it? 16 MB? Barely take 90 seconds of vid anyway! I'll be seeing the same result either way ?

is there a shutter speed or delay setting? we had it that, there was too long between the IR activating and filming starting so the animals had been and gone

The sd cards range from 1 to 10 class rating which means their ability to write information to a card so a good card will handle the vids and pics better than a cheap one. Also some cameras just seem to take a dislike lol to certain cards and they do sometimes stop working.Headache yet KD? lol

I've got (HAD) it set to 1 sec. delay, mate. It simply throws a mare and fails to record. I mean, I Know there's a shit ton of activity going on, half the night, out there. It just gets all menstrual on me when the batteries are fresh as fukk.

:clapper: That's more like it!!!

Just brought it in. Had it out for that time. Original SD card back in it. Four aceeeeeeedd batteries in the top. Four Ikie's in the bottom. Checked it and had Ten clips on it! I don't think it ever stopped filming my dogs in all that time! :D

Three Ikie's in that torch thing seemed to be waning, by now. (Nearly twenty hours running it) So, they're back on charge again now. Got that one, odd Ikie left over, of course. Cos the torch only takes three ? Might have thought of that at the time.

We'll see. But, looks like the Bushnell gets a stay of execution.

• Like 2