My kits big cage

Just a quick video of the kits in the big cage two days after castration, I can not wait to get these little bundles of excitement out into the field in the next week or two, it will be interesting to see how they preform Enjoy the antics of the young. Have a great day guys

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nothing like watching ferrets play when I get a chance I will put up a video of mine playing it may sound strange but I have put to together a play cage for them it’s great to watch them play and jump around. Great Video once again. I youse to work does ( jills ) but when they come into season I was unable to work then but when I was talked into cut bucks ( hobs ) I have never looked Back as I found you can work them all year round.  But I do find they seam to hold you up a Littel bit more. Good luck and work at it. 

• Like 1

I keep castrated hobs alongside jills and unless conditions are such that its impossible to dig I find they complement each other in the field. Mine also have a decent amount of space so they are fit, actually makes the hobs a pain once they learn to kill underground ?. Not a problem though as it typically takes a season and with experienced hobs I let a couple of jills run through first and the hobs get clean up duty .  By the way It looks like a complicated drinking system, whats it adapted from?

12 hours ago, Guss33 said:

Nothing like watching ferrets play when I get a chance I will put up a video of mine playing it may sound strange but I have put to together a play cage for them it’s great to watch them play and jump around. Great Video once again. I youse to work does ( jills ) but when they come into season I was unable to work then but when I was talked into cut bucks ( hobs ) I have never looked Back as I found you can work them all year round.  But I do find they seam to hold you up a Littel bit more. Good luck and work at it. 

I will let you know

5 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

I keep castrated hobs alongside jills and unless conditions are such that its impossible to dig I find they complement each other in the field. Mine also have a decent amount of space so they are fit, actually makes the hobs a pain once they learn to kill underground ?. Not a problem though as it typically takes a season and with experienced hobs I let a couple of jills run through first and the hobs get clean up duty .  By the way It looks like a complicated drinking system, whats it adapted from?

It’s a mist air-conditioning system we get upwards of 40 Celsius. Most of the ground here is considered undigable, I only use collars and finders in winter or in sandy ground even the sandy stuff here below 4 to 5 ft down is rock solid, so we adapt our methods and breeding programs to accommodate our environment, it’s a whole different ball game here you only have to imagine how you would do it if you couldn’t dig your ferrets out, that’s how we have to roll.

• Like 2

If you want a cheaper option get some fine sprinkler heads that they use on ferns and run them they don’t use a great deal of water. The one thing I am not a fan of is using electrical devices for keeping ferrets cool in summer is we tend to get power blackouts often.