What net?

I want to get myself another long net. I've got a 50yd quick set already and I'm well happy with it, but to be honest I've no idea what it is other than its length and it's yellow.

Mostly for rabbits but the odd hare too.

What would you knowledgeable lads suggest, and where to get it from?

Nelson's nets does 4z rabbit net and he will sell In a basket, with poles or to use as traditional. I dont think he does 6z, I know he did not at 1 point.

Master hunter does 6z and not 4z.

Rabbit and hare are different mesh sizes and although I have Intentionally caught hare In 4z you cant beet having the right tool for the job.

Are you after a longnet or a quickset?  I ask because with a traditional 4z long net you can move the bagging to catch the odd hare but with a quickset it wont  be so easy thus imo making it harder to   ball up so you want correct mesh for a hare. But the rabbits will get through the bigger mesh..

If you want hand made speak to netrigger, he would be the first place to go for me..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, smithie said:

Nelson's nets does 4z rabbit net and he will sell In a basket, with poles or to use as traditional. I dont think he does 6z, I know he did not at 1 point.

Rabbit and hare are different mesh sizes and although I have Intentionally caught hare In 4z you cant beet having the right tool for the job.

Are you after a longnet or a quickset?  I ask because with a traditional 4z long net you can move the bagging to catch the odd hare but with a quickset it wont  be so easy thus imo making it harder to   ball up so you want correct mesh for a hare. But the rabbits will get through the bigger mesh..

If you want hand made speak to netrigger, he would be the first place to go for me..

I'd be after a quickset.

Excuse my ignorance, but a 4z is rabbit and 6z is for hare?

49 minutes ago, Suffolkpest said:

I'd be after a quickset.

Excuse my ignorance, but a 4z is rabbit and 6z is for hare?

There are no rules you can use what you want. I am normally only after rabbit at night and I prefer 4z. A lot of ferrets have quickset and some have a stronger net. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/04/2021 at 13:50, smithie said:

The deep 4z netting Les has should bowl up a hare no bother I would think with 100% bag. Rabbits can take some getting out and I chin in net

• Like 2
2 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

The deep 4z netting Les has should bowl up a hare no bother I would think with 100% bag. Rabbits can take some getting out and I chin in net

I have caught hare with his 4z more than once..

• Like 2