Unusual breeds

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

Can u not run dogs there then ?

Not really, working lurchers is straight up illegal. There are forms of hunting with dogs that are allowed. 

In either case to hunt you need a hunting license (expensive) and must be at least invited to a hunting estate.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go. These ones are a little bit more recent...

Wait till collie jon sees your a dead man ???

irish knackers s  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

Not really, working lurchers is straight up illegal. There are forms of hunting with dogs that are allowed. 

In either case to hunt you need a hunting license (expensive) and must be at least invited to a hunting estate.

Do you have to sit a test before they issue a license?seem to recall that was the requirement to dig with Terriers over there? ?

37 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

whats the laws like on poaching over there?

1 hour ago, MagyarAgar said:

I'm upset with this 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Do you have to sit a test before they issue a license?seem to recall that was the requirement to dig with Terriers over there? ?

It is a written test and a practical test. And you need to do a course beforehand.

51 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

whats the laws like on poaching over there?

Sry, I do not know them. I try to avoid getting in touch with the law. ?

• Like 2

one of my dogs 3/4hound 1/4collie dog hound got a knotted 3 times 3days in a row to someone's boxer they were not around seen one of the dog pups months later took a few picks looked like a 1/2 bull 1/2 hound nice looking dog went as a pet though found out later bitch boxer had 9pups last one inside dead.Pics are on an old phone some where .id guess it had what it took to look at it who knows

9 hours ago, MagyarAgar said:

Sry, I do not know them. I try to avoid getting in touch with the law.

Best way, over here in Oz poaching is frowned on by farmers and most hunters but I reckon most have done it. As far as I know you can only hunt pigs legally here with dogs but never heard of anyone getting done except on deer.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Best way, over here in Oz poaching is frowned on by farmers and most hunters but I reckon most have done it. As far as I know you can only hunt pigs legally here with dogs but never heard of anyone getting done except on deer.

What’s the crack with deer ? Why is it a problem ? 

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

What’s the crack with deer ? Why is it a problem ? 

I think it's for humane reasons, you can use scent dogs and terriers to find them and rifles over a certain caliber. Seems to me using dogs is more humane than them dying in agony for days with a missed placed shot.

• Like 1
On 14/04/2021 at 19:28, MagyarAgar said:

Super laid back at home and switched on outdoors. Probably similar to a lot of other sighthound crosses.
Anything you are interested in particular?

You can find a picture of her here. She was roughly 6 months old in the picture.
I can see if i can upload a recent one!

On 14/04/2021 at 20:41, MagyarAgar said:

Here you go. These ones are a little bit more recent...

5813D954-5875-45EB-ACF4-3D58C7215BBC.jpeg

BEE0F378-21D8-4D97-8E0B-E77BBB24A630.jpeg

She's turned out cracking and same for the view  

• Like 1