F064AAE6-9A73-4D5A-B3E8-7B4EC3EA0D83.jpeg.5c08a4df77a1bb96900ddd4304ce1c7b.jpegGot the call from the farmer saying the last couple of nights the geese have been playing up after dark ( I wonder why ) . So I get to the perm and set my self up at 150 yards from the pen , all ready just a waiting game now and 3/4 of a hour the dog turns up and gets a 55g v max then 1/2 after that I see a smaller one in the xq38 and obviously a vixen took the shot and down she went , all good ! But on retrieving the carcass she was milky , so there are Cubs about somewhere so I’m off out early tomorrow with the dog to try and find the earth , i just don’t like the idea of them been left with no food ,

• Like 10

8 hours ago, David.evans said:

F064AAE6-9A73-4D5A-B3E8-7B4EC3EA0D83.jpeg.5c08a4df77a1bb96900ddd4304ce1c7b.jpegGot the call from the farmer saying the last couple of nights the geese have been playing up after dark ( I wonder why ) . So I get to the perm and set my self up at 150 yards from the pen , all ready just a waiting game now and 3/4 of a hour the dog turns up and gets a 55g v max then 1/2 after that I see a smaller one in the xq38 and obviously a vixen took the shot and down she went , all good ! But on retrieving the carcass she was milky , so there are Cubs about somewhere so I’m off out early tomorrow with the dog to try and find the earth , i just don’t like the idea of them been left with no food ,

Well that’s exactly what is was , not much choice in the matter if I want to keep he land 

Atb 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, goldfinger said:

Good luck with finding earth,that's why I don't generally sort foxes until after harvest unless it is a must do on a request. 

Agreed its not ideal, but if it a choice between fox cubs survival or grey partridge then it's a no brainer imo. 

3 hours ago, David.evans said:

Well that’s exactly what is was , not much choice in the matter if I want to keep he land 

Atb 

?needs must,the cubs might be well on Dave, I shot a vixen last night.. id seen the cubs the night before and they were out training on the grubs, ill be back later for them as it'll be nailed on they'll be back out grubbing about. 

been out a fair bit lately with all the lambing and piglets getting taken, not the nicest thing to do but young cubs turn into killing machines 

• Like 3