• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A pal of mine sent a deerhound up to a lad in Scotland that works an eagle to fox; Cheers.

Always found it easy gaining permission when you got the bops with you,?Had some cracking days out, a couple of Harris hawks,ferrets and some steady dogs?

I had loads of fun with her and she even ended up going toe to toe with the wife’s Lakeland’ dog,then after that she was determined to nail him because of her anuty spooking her when she was on the bo

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

A few older lads round my end had Harris Hawks, one drowned on a pheasant, he has both stuffed in his living room. 

Them red tails come at you with a strop on when they have missed there gear,like said a good Harris can match a good go’s in my eyes,the female Gaddis I had was a real aggressive hunter and would slam into cover like a spaniel.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Always found it easy gaining permission when you got the bops with you,?Had some cracking days out, a couple of Harris hawks,ferrets and some steady dogs?DSC00929.JPG.129a8001bf486806ae3e8180629435dd.JPG

I do miss them but times are even getting hard for them to mate,my mate has been trying for about 4 yrs now for me to get another hawk in he breeds a few each year and offered me a female for free each year.

1 hour ago, lurchers said:

I do miss them but times are even getting hard for them to mate,my mate has been trying for about 4 yrs now for me to get another hawk in he breeds a few each year and offered me a female for free each year.

Idiots in the bop game to. Watched video online of lads slipping them in middle of town on town pigeons crows seagulls. These are the same ones all over anti pages after putting digging and lurcher pics all over fb ??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Idiots in the bop game to. Watched video online of lads slipping them in middle of town on town pigeons crows seagulls. These are the same ones all over anti pages after putting digging and lurcher pics all over fb ??‍♂️

That sounds great, slipping your falcon on pigeons in town whilst the missus goes shopping. 

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Remember a vid doing the rounds 20 years ago with some Scottish lads slipping Harris hawks on Owl's and other stuff and a little black Patterdale that worked with the hawk I know it brought some condemnation from the hawking fraternity but by christ it was some hawk and them lads must have put some work into the team of terrier and hawk.

9 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

The was a couple of lads up here made a dvd years ago I won’t mention names,they were driving round the little villages and slipping the hawks out of the car window on crows,magpies and gulls.It was a good watch and they done well with it and didn’t cause harm to anyone.Then there was a lad with a spar started doing it and the cops ended up looking for him.

40 minutes ago, lurchers said:

The was a couple of lads up here made a dvd years ago I won’t mention names,they were driving round the little villages and slipping the hawks out of the car window on crows,magpies and gulls.It was a good watch and they done well with it and didn’t cause harm to anyone.Then there was a lad with a spar started doing it and the cops ended up looking for him.

The one i saw i think the condemnation came when their hawk nailed a tawny owl not an uncommon occurrence when hunting these hawks in woodland so i have been told.

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

The one i saw i think the condemnation came when their hawk nailed a tawny owl not an uncommon occurrence when hunting these hawks in woodland so i have been told.

I’ve never seen that one mate the one I watched was the lads in Durham it’s called street hawking.

19 hours ago, downsouth said:

I think Harrises are under rated mate.I think they get a bird name because they are so forgiving that a lot of idiots get away with keeping them so a lot of people dont get to see them perform to their full potential wheras the same idiots would either loose or kill a gos.But a harris conditioned right and flown hard and regular aint no slouch and is probably more versatile than most other species out there.

Deff great bird, I think it was on here, a bloke on here used his female'  for lamping rabbits/hares, think he used the male for ferreting, wonder if they be to small for a munjack? You prob need couple of them, deff  if a fox, prob   better leave them for the dogs lol

21 minutes ago, bird said:

Deff great bird, I think it was on here, a bloke on here used his female'  for lamping rabbits/hares, think he used the male for ferreting, wonder if they be to small for a munjack? You prob need couple of them, deff  if a fox, prob   better leave them for the dogs lol

Yeah I used to lamp mine if I was struggling getting enough daylight hunting time during Dec/jan.Yeah definitely too small for munty.A good female will just about take hares but lads that fly hares a lot usually only fly them exclusively on hares as if the get to fly rabbits or easier quarry they will usually start blanking hares.At the end of the day birds of prey are opportunists that will always take the easiest option for a meal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1