decent day on the woodies

So i get a call from a farmer who ive been trying to get the permission off to do the woodies for about 4 years now, approx 1500 acres

he says just drilled beans & oats and theres woodies everywhere the fields are blue with them {yes ok i thought heard that before}

so meet him at 9am he drives me around his land and gives me the maps,there a few about but nothing like he was telling me on the phone

so set up a hide in the corner of a drilled bean field 1030am ish bottom of a small valley put a large pattern out of about 40 decoys no wurly no bouncers or flappers

it started off slow with a few about, come 2pm it was non stop mayhem till i left at 630pm  

one happy farmer who has had a chat with the neighbouring 2 farms, who want me to go and meet them during the week to do some crop protection for them

picked up 161 in the end and will be back again at the weekend

i used a winchester sx4 with a teague 7/8 choke and rio 32g 5s

anyone looking for new permission  should go knocking on doors and be persistent as i said it took me 4 years to get this land and now have the 2 neighbouring farms to

all my permission has come from knocking on doors and introducing myself and i have 1000s of acres to shoot & ferret

20210403_181910_resized_1.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...