RIP THE DUKE

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Was just gonna type something along those lines earlier brother . 

The picture of the queen sat alone in the chapel , what a snapshot of the way we once were as a country in minuscule . 

dignified , respectful and impervious to the nonsense outside . 

sat with the kids and watched it . Fantastic 

Land Rover driven by Engineers too brother ;) 

Have to admit it got me when they said he had chosen all the music and they launched into “I vow to thee my country” and the “Jerusalem” 

Then the readings he chose and finally the piper at the end......well, what can I say.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He came to Britain as a refugee. Fought in major battles at sea, saved his ship, gave up a possible chance to become admiral for love. Helped start the wwf, played professional cricket, represented hi

A good friend of mine once got invited to a hare shoot down the country. Not my sort of thing as I preferred to run them or hunt them but each to his own. I forget where it was but in retrospect assum

Posted Images

5 hours ago, WILF said:

One word :

Class ! 

Got to admit matey I shed a tear watching the funeral today. No one the world over do pomp and ceremony as good as us. No one !!!

Edited by jessdale
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

I couldnt watch it i find it all so hypocritical when we go all history & tradition for a day.....only to go back to being forcefully repulsed and ashamed for the other 364 days of the year !

Sort of agree Gnash but we are still the only country able to do stiff upper lip and ceremony .Was a good day to be British .Get the other 364 days though .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I couldnt watch it i find it all so hypocritical when we go all history & tradition for a day.....only to go back to being forcefully repulsed and ashamed for the other 364 days of the year !

I take a slightly different view mate, I said to the old woman “why don’t we think this is good and want to hold on to it?” 
What the hell happened to consign this and all it ever meant to a tiny, little spec of the overall entity that is Britain ? 
That was us once......why did we keep electing people that want to chuck it all in the bin.

Ill simply never, ever be able to understand it.

Sounds a bit silly really but to my way of thinking England only exists now days in those moments like we witnessed yesterday. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I take a slightly different view mate, I said to the old woman “why don’t we think this is good and want to hold on to it?” 
What the hell happened to consign this and all it ever meant to a tiny, little spec of the overall entity that is Britain ? 
That was us once......why did we keep electing people that want to chuck it all in the bin.

Ill simply never, ever be able to understand it.

Sounds a bit silly really but to my way of thinking England only exists now days in those moments like we witnessed yesterday. 

Exactly i said exactly the same thing mate and thats the way our media works we are expected to turn it on and off as they so desire.....im a patriotic Englishman everyday not just when im told/allowed to be.

• Like 5