RIP THE DUKE

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He came to Britain as a refugee. Fought in major battles at sea, saved his ship, gave up a possible chance to become admiral for love. Helped start the wwf, played professional cricket, represented hi

A good friend of mine once got invited to a hare shoot down the country. Not my sort of thing as I preferred to run them or hunt them but each to his own. I forget where it was but in retrospect assum

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Heard they're blaming covid on why we aren't having a day off in mourning, cnuts! 

You can take a day off to watch the funeral and raise a glass.

I reckon it'll quite interesting - it's not something that we see every day.

Just watching  some army bloke  talking about the  land rover  they are  carrying the coffin on , he said we have a back up one in case anything goes wrong with it :lol:   highly likely I'd  say , I heard they  are putting  boots on the horses to cope with the  oil  trail  ?

• Haha 4

Seen The Duke a couple of times up at Lowther in the 80's carrage driving. That's some sport to learn and he was bloody good at it..!

A good man, one of the better ones in the RF. Hope he has a good send off... RIP

On 16/04/2021 at 14:01, pesky1972 said:

Never seen it, but seems to have triggered a few. Not difficult. 

Me, I think it’s ridiculous, as monarch of this multi-cultural nation, and head of a family of apparent racists, that the queen doesn’t invite someone ‘BAME’ as one of the few attendees to her husband of 70 odd years funeral. Not tokenism at all, and not just anyone mind, maybe a knight of the realm and national treasure like Sir Trevor McDonald, or Sir Lenny Henry. Or.., maybe go all out and reach out to the youth and bring in a grime star..., Stormzy? He could do a bit freestyle on the mic as the coffin’s carried out, as a more ‘inclusive’ alternative to the stuffy old hymns. 

Big Narsty popping out a rendition of all fings broite an bootyful or Mek me a channel of ya peace yeah ?

Just getting ready to go have a pint and see the fella off. I'll be doing my minutes silence, with a glass of single Malt ?

33 minutes ago, WILF said:

One word :

Class ! 

A fine send off, for a deserving prince ;)

I felt proud doing my minutes silence alone. I was asked what I was doing (standing up and being quiet in a bar, apparently is really an eye catcher ?)  I explained and the entire bar fell silent for the duration of the minute. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, WILF said:

One word :

Class ! 

Was just gonna type something along those lines earlier brother . 

The picture of the queen sat alone in the chapel , what a snapshot of the way we once were as a country in minuscule . 

dignified , respectful and impervious to the nonsense outside . 

sat with the kids and watched it . Fantastic 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, kanny said:

Just watching  some army bloke  talking about the  land rover  they are  carrying the coffin on , he said we have a back up one in case anything goes wrong with it :lol:   highly likely I'd  say , I heard they  are putting  boots on the horses to cope with the  oil  trail  ?

Sooooo true haha and power steering fluid leaking from the box

2 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Today a little bit more of our great nation was lost a great send off the military nailed it well done to all RIP the Duke.

Agreed 

as someone who has carried a coffin into a church with a flag on , it was faultless as it’s a very difficult procedure to maintain at times and with the eyes of the world on they would have been conscious of making a mistake . 

a fantastic effort

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Agreed 

as someone who has carried a coffin into a church with a flag on , it was faultless as it’s a very difficult procedure to maintain at times and with the eyes of the world on they would have been conscious of making a mistake . 

a fantastic effort

The placing of the coffin on the Land Rover and carrying the coffin up the stairs to the chapel as you say faultless it made me feel proud that we have such decent lads in our armed forces. 

• Like 1