RIP THE DUKE

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He came to Britain as a refugee. Fought in major battles at sea, saved his ship, gave up a possible chance to become admiral for love. Helped start the wwf, played professional cricket, represented hi

A good friend of mine once got invited to a hare shoot down the country. Not my sort of thing as I preferred to run them or hunt them but each to his own. I forget where it was but in retrospect assum

Posted Images

Watched the 41 gun salute and started to find it annoying when crews were shouting out commands and then a feeble squeaky female voice would join in. Must have been a bit embarrassing for the lass who needed 4 attempts to open the breach on the naval gun.

• Like 1
On 09/04/2021 at 12:30, trigger2 said:

RIP the duke. Wonder what’s going through Harry mind the way the last few months have been played out with his relationship with his family.

He’s not me grandad anyway ? 

• Haha 2

He was nearly 100 and lived a lot longer than most, so hardly a shock or a tragedy. I’ll doff my hat to his military service, but that aside, the whole ‘duty’ bit? I reckon most of us will have worked harder and lived a  much less privileged life..., and would swap with him in a heartbeat. Ironic too that his death has sparked an outpouring of fawning sycophancy, the likes of which I think the man himself would have had no truck with. But the worst yet, is giving air time to a man who has refused now, for a year, to cooperate with the FBI and answer questions in regard to the rape of a minor. 

• Like 6
On 10/04/2021 at 08:02, maxhardcore said:

A strait talker who spoke what was on his mind .

Proof Immigration can be good for Great Britain if checked and Vetted.

RIP HRH Prince Phillip .

Yeah, totally agree, we should be importing more white Germans and a lot less oddments ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 09/04/2021 at 13:33, stop.end said:

He was a Greek immigrant who lived on welfare all his life... 

The voice of ireland speaks ! ......

I suppose if he blew toddlers to bits in shopping centres he’d be a legend you total prick ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My missus had a foot in both camps ,she was near to tears watching the tv all day , " the country should be so proud of him ,wasn't he handsome when young ,he must of been so brave during the war etc etc " 

Then she heard Emmerdale had been cancelled and like magic he became "one of those royal spongers ,why are they going on and on about it ..he was 99 for God's sake "

• Haha 9
15 minutes ago, Astanley said:

My missus had a foot in both camps ,she was near to tears watching the tv all day , " the country should be so proud of him ,wasn't he handsome when young ,he must of been so brave during the war etc etc " 

Then she heard Emmerdale had been cancelled and like magic he became "one of those royal spongers ,why are they going on and on about it ..he was 99 for God's sake "

Haha, how many had that conversation in households across the land mate.

I don’t want to get too soppy about it but I just felt a great sadness that a very public face of a generation of men, all that was good about us, passed away and in doing so took some of the last of what remains of Great Britain with him.

I was sat with my 2 girls last night (17 & 18) watching the opening beach landing scene of “Saving Private Ryan” and said to them “Them lads were your age, your grandad & your great grandad did that!” 

They were very moved by that, and we spoke about how you get from that to what we see now in 75 years ? 

Phillip and millions of blokes like him were the best of us.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1