39 minutes ago, WILF said:

What I don’t need to tell you mate is that lads like us are old hat now, we are in a minority.....an extremely bloody small minority.

When I was around schools as a governor the amount of people who used to say to me “you can’t say that” or would whisper their concerns about demographic change and it’s all too evident effects on the atmosphere and social climate of one little school to me but be too afraid to say it out loud.

Nobody does it mate, nobody cares.....well as you know a few care but we are voices in the wilderness pal.

This shocker we see being played out is just accepted as normality.....I don’t get it and I’m sure you don’t either but millions and millions do, or don’t care, either way.

Your pal got elected, fair play, but all the forces will line up against him and even people who voted for him won’t have the bollocks to say they did.

I used to quiet enjoy a ruck against the odds when I was a kid but Im realistic enough to know that by and large, my people are f****d.

To them, I’m the bloody weirdo ! Lol ? 

I have this conversation all the time mate and i have to say i respectfully disagree with you....." lads like us " are not old hat they are becoming more and more,yes many are a slightly more toned down version but as an example this last year of BLM nonsense gets old Ted & Vera into a mindset that isnt too dissimilar to our own......from old people to housewives to everyday working chaps the constant brainwashing that everybody who owns a television set is subjected to is having far greater effect than any of that old leafletting nonsense.....there are currently more far right groups in the Uk than ever before.....small small yes,but people in general are becoming a lot more aware......yes its a near impossible uphill battle and no it probably wont change anything in our lifetimes.... i guess its just one of those can we look in the mirror scenarios and where im from mate we dont just pick the fights we think we can win ?

• Like 1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

??? Who the fcuk is this tramp ???.  At least have the balls to talk shite under you own username you spineless cock. Lol. 

No mate, I don’t think of him that way at all. Yes he can get a bit passionate and over excited but then again, most in here can. But you can have a decent craic with Francie and even if it

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I have this conversation all the time mate and i have to say i respectfully disagree with you....." lads like us " are not old hat they are becoming more and more,yes many are a slightly more toned down version but as an example this last year of BLM nonsense gets old Ted & Vera into a mindset that isnt too dissimilar to our own......from old people to housewives to everyday working chaps the constant brainwashing that everybody who owns a television set is subjected to is having far greater effect than any of that old leafletting nonsense.....there are currently more far right groups in the Uk than ever before.....small small yes,but people in general are becoming a lot more aware......yes its a near impossible uphill battle and no it probably wont change anything in our lifetimes.... i guess its just one of those can we look in the mirror scenarios and where im from mate we dont just pick the fights we think we can win ?

No, good shout chief, Theres days I feel like that too and but then I see some other bit of shit and feel a bit crushed again.

So I vary if I’m totally honest

Ill tell you something strange and you can believe me or not but I genuinely felt like a stranger before I moved, I didn’t fit in to what I was living amongst at all......least that’s how it felt.

I just felt completely alien and alienated. 
Odd. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, WILF said:

No, good shout chief, Theres days I feel like that too and but then I see some other bit of shit and feel a bit crushed again.

So I vary if I’m totally honest

Ill tell you something strange and you can believe me or not but I genuinely felt like a stranger before I moved, I didn’t fit in to what I was living amongst at all......least that’s how it felt.

I just felt completely alien and alienated. 
Odd. 

Hence the importance of sticking to our own kind in my opinion ?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to let folk know,a coroner ruled yesterday that the people shot in the ballymurphy estate were innocent,one man even was shot 14 times in the back while he lay on the floor dead,no hatred there. 

An it was the same parachute regiment that killed the innocent people on bloody sunday 6months later.....go figure.

I await the sour grape comments,cause yous don't like the truth 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Luckily enough, there will be legislation in this parliament to stop all this “legacy” investigation stuff.....least that’s what I read yesterday.

Lets hope it is true.

In a period of time marked by the death and destruction of innocents, the death and destruction of innocents should be no surprise.

Safe to say, in a very dirty conflict, nobody is going to come away smelling of roses.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Luckily enough, there will be legislation in this parliament to stop all this “legacy” investigation stuff.....least that’s what I read yesterday.

Lets hope it is true.

In a period of time marked by the death and destruction of innocents, the death and destruction of innocents should be no surprise.

Safe to say, in a very dirty conflict, nobody is going to come away smelling of roses.

Hold on a minute wilf,this wasn't the IRA that was shot dead by the paratroopers,it was innocent civillians again,all the lies an fairytales has come out again,how they were supposed to be armed an all the usual,when it was all proved bullshit.

Innocent people blasted to death,one man even shot 14 times in the back while lying dead on the floor.

The same paratrooper regiment done the same six months later in Derry.

It happened wilf whether you like it or not,an both times the innocent was vindicated.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Francie said:

Hold on a minute wilf,this wasn't the IRA that was shot dead by the paratroopers,it was innocent civillians again,all the lies an fairytales has come out again,how they were supposed to be armed an all the usual,when it was all proved bullshit.

Innocent people blasted to death,one man even shot 14 times in the back while lying dead on the floor.

The same paratrooper regiment done the same six months later in Derry.

It happened wilf whether you like it or not,an both times the innocent was vindicated.

I’m not saying it didn’t happen mate.

But we Cant talk about innocent lives being taken as just a one sided thing either can we?......it don’t make it right but it’s a fact none the less.

You know well yourself that the area is a hotbed of republican militant activity and a stronghold for the PIRA.

That area was the scene of so many murders and attacks over the years it’s just not true, both sides happily murdered away there for 30 years.

The reality is, when the bad guys are disguised as and hiding behind innocent civilians then something is going to go wrong.......and in all honesty the PIRA want it to go wrong because it’s good propaganda. 

We can pick a row about it and go over the same old shit over and over but it’s pointless mate, if you lock up them soldiers then you have to go around and lock up all the terrorists released under the good Friday agreement again......if you do that, it’s back to square one.

We either move on or carry on as far as I can see. 

• Like 4

Sad state of affairs on both sides..

Huge lessons to be learned for both sides aswell..they should all just chill out a bit..

I'm sitting in the hospital car park this very moment..while the wife is having a CT scan for suspected blood clots on the lungs...

Feck the tit for tat fighting..

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, king said:

Sad state of affairs on both sides..

Huge lessons to be learned for both sides aswell..they should all just chill out a bit..

I'm sitting in the hospital car park this very moment..while the wife is having a CT scan for suspected blood clots on the lungs...

Feck the tit for tat fighting..

Hope everything works out ok mate, best of luck ?

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

I’m not saying it didn’t happen mate.

But we Cant talk about innocent lives being taken as just a one sided thing either can we?......it don’t make it right but it’s a fact none the less.

You know well yourself that the area is a hotbed of republican militant activity and a stronghold for the PIRA.

That area was the scene of so many murders and attacks over the years it’s just not true, both sides happily murdered away there for 30 years.

The reality is, when the bad guys are disguised as and hiding behind innocent civilians then something is going to go wrong.......and in all honesty the PIRA want it to go wrong because it’s good propaganda. 

We can pick a row about it and go over the same old shit over and over but it’s pointless mate, if you lock up them soldiers then you have to go around and lock up all the terrorists released under the good Friday agreement again......if you do that, it’s back to square one.

We either move on or carry on as far as I can see. 

If people want to get justice there should be no time limit,you'd be still looking justice if it was one of your own wilf,,it's fifty years past now,an the truths only coming out.

42 minutes ago, Francie said:

If people want to get justice there should be no time limit,you'd be still looking justice if it was one of your own wilf,,it's fifty years past now,an the truths only coming out.

Mate, I’m all for justice and I agree anyone would want it.....but the fact is, the price of peace was that murderers were let out early and are walking around.

Those paratroopers were there as part of a legitimate military force, the “enemy” wasn’t prepared to put on a uniform and face them in open battle and so civilian casualty’s ensued.

Neither me or you would be able to tell the good guys from the bad guys in a high intensity situation like a riot in an area like that......what would our 19 year old selves have done? 
Would our first thought been to defend ourselves with the weapons at our disposal or would we have said “let’s get shot because we can’t tell who is who” ? 
I know what mine would have been.....

What justice should there be ?......because as I said, the price of peace is to wipe our mouths and move on mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1