the best bedlington.

morton

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad I'm in a secret clique who do actually have the best working dogs in the universe so I don't have to get involved with this shit.  My son has a bitch in pup and he's giving the whole lit

I'd gladly try a bedlington if you wanna put me forward to owner of pups and dog will be garunteed earth work every week if it made the grade and wasn't €2000 to start with. Tried getting a bedlington

You need to log in more often then ? Cheers, D.  

14 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Been reading a bit of this thread, not all and yes, i remember George's dogs being advertised and sold. To me he was a man who 'tried' for the type (breed) and done what he could to keep them working and alive. I'm sure there are others too...

But two things hit me when i read this thread, firstly imo, if it looks like a Beddy, then it is a Beddy. Same with white dogs, blacks etc...

Secondly, the type as a worker is doomed... Because those that claim to possess it can't see the wood for the trees...

You only have to look at the black dogs. The world is being saturated by them BUT there are still those (some on here) who hold their own lines tight and there are enough of those folk all over, to keep the dogs at the top of their game work wise...

Sadly, the poor Beddy will NEVER get the chance to recover and just end up like the Dodo in the next ten years... ?

?the working beddy will end up like the Dodo ? nothing but memory’s shadows an dust ??The beddy Lurchers been going the same way for years 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, morton said:

Its more bonkers when folk want them to breed for dollar,its far more bonkers when folk want to own a ready made terrier straight away without putting any effort in and its far more bonkers when a bitch is offered free,the litter offered to the owner of the stud and no working Beddy owner,apart from the few,want to know.I could breed 2 litters this season and would not find decent working homes for the majority of them,id find many an home wanking over the price of future litters,id find many an home that could not differentiate betwixt work and walt Disney.The thing that never baffles me when working lurchers and terriers are mentioned is the fecking chancers on the make.

Agreed ...... to a point ....... but plenty of genuine lads have voiced an interest in trying one for work ..... and the answer is always the same - you can’t have one and if you want one it’s mega bucks. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, socks said:

What the fukc is the point of breeding the supposedly best working bedlington in the country to sell all the pups to pet homes .......

Because he’s a attention seeking throber 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He could have great workers but at the end of the day if he only sells to pets then he will be one of the reasons the working bedlington disappears and the rest in there circle, so why he keeps talking out he's arse i don't know

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2021 at 17:14, socks said:

What the fukc is the point of breeding the supposedly best working bedlington in the country to sell all the pups to pet homes .......

Who is selling?.

7 minutes ago, morton said:

Who is selling?.

What Beddy owner on here as offered a bitch,a grafting bitch as well,as a brood to a working stud,GRATIS?.Who as wanted to use her?.This bitch will go through season after season on here and not one single working Bedlington owner,hysterical laughter,will want to use her because their fecking grafters are not as grafting as their puppy prices equate to.The genuine beddy owners that breed for zilch know of her and have used some of her lineage,Gratis,the breeders of expensive working? beddy litters have little use for such a bitch."What is the point of breeding supposedly best working bedlingtons"when the majority of folk seek dollar before graft?.The bitch had 4 pups,a few years ago id have kept every single one of them,now 3 will enter pet homes and my lad is keeping the only bitch,the dogs from that litter should never see a pet home,nor should the bitch.

All mine went yesterday cracking litter too will kicking myself this time next year for not keeping one but all dogged up at the moment and the plus side all gone too working homes so I can hear of there progress atb

• Like 7
  • 1 month later...

I'm glad I'm in a secret clique who do actually have the best working dogs in the universe so I don't have to get involved with this shit. 

My son has a bitch in pup and he's giving the whole litter, the bitch and stud dog to a little old lady down the road. Beat that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • 1 month later...
On 10/05/2021 at 21:27, dytkos said:

There was a fella used to come down here with the Pennines that had a proper Beddy that I saw being dug to but that's only the 2nd I've seen in 40+ years ?

Cheers, D.

Ye can't say that d folks won't believe  you

1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Plenty of people would belive that he's only seen 2 good ones in 40 years lol probably only ever see 2 good beddys in full life time 

Ive been more fortunate.Ive seen terriers of many breeds and styles working,ive witnessed very good russels,lakey,s,black terriers and many a mongrel.Ive been the owner of many and been in the company of folk that had better,ive never been kennel blind and have had many an happy hour with like minded souls and their terrier type,we all have a type we adhere to don,t we?.In my 40 plus years ive appreciated all of what ive seen and wished id been the owner of a few and in all that time ive drifted towards the beddy.It may never have been the best ive seen yet it remains the best ive wanted to breed,work and own.Its the most versatile of any terrier ive ever seen work,its given me more working pleasure than most others.Id always have a lakey in the kennel until fairly recently and replacing a decent un is so fecking difficult now.The Bedlington I find easier to own because I put the yards in and have access to the minority of decent uns and their owners.If I had my time again id have put the time into the beddy far earlier and still owned at least one Lakey.

• Like 2