the best bedlington.

morton

56 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

It’s all bollocks there are bugger all proper working Beddys out there doing any serious graft, and anything anywhere near, has been crossed with black dogs to get some work back into it. I’m sure lots will come on and say that there’s really a secret club of Beddy owners who are dropping holes to gear all over the shop. But I know a fair number of lads who are seriously j to their digging and not one of them or their friends keep a Beddy, and I don’t think many would have ever seen or dug to a working Beddy. In fact I reckon I’ve heard of more spaniels, Lurchers abs hounds dug to than beddys ........

Yeah your right only ever seen two half breds one was half beddy half Patterdale done 3/4 of a season then jacked and the other was about 17 years ago and was half beddy half Glenn but she was a serious bitch she hemriged having pups and died, but I just wanted to give one a go even if it made a fox only dog wouldn't of cared ill be running a small pack of hound xs so it would of got plenty fox work, but anyway. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad I'm in a secret clique who do actually have the best working dogs in the universe so I don't have to get involved with this shit.  My son has a bitch in pup and he's giving the whole lit

I'd gladly try a bedlington if you wanna put me forward to owner of pups and dog will be garunteed earth work every week if it made the grade and wasn't €2000 to start with. Tried getting a bedlington

You need to log in more often then ? Cheers, D.  

Just now, fenman1# said:

Yeah your right only ever seen two half breds one was half beddy half Patterdale done 3/4 of a season then jacked and the other was about 17 years ago and was half beddy half Glenn but she was a serious bitch she hemriged having pups and died, but I just wanted to give one a go even if it made a fox only dog wouldn't of cared ill be running a small pack of hound xs so it would of got plenty fox work, but anyway. 

Totally with you mate, I would happily pay a sensible price for a Beddy pup to run on and have a go with, lots of work here and on perm, be nice to see what one could do if brought on right and worked sensibly etc. I somehow doubt either of us will find many folk offering us pups ? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Working beddys are done mate, history. And don’t get me started on Beddy x Lurchers ? 

Come on let’s hear what you got a say about beddy Lurchers let’s get you started ?so people that actually get out an do abit with the cross can sit here an laugh at you ??

• Like 1
6 hours ago, poxon said:

Well that escalated slowly ?and amounted to nothing kind of a pointless post. Tbh I don’t know why anyone would want to bother with a beddy these days the story ain’t changed people that keep beddys moan the gene pools small but breed litters to put in pet homes or for people to keep as novelty terriers.....shame really but hey Ho!!!! 

You don’t see me moaning about gene pools or working bedlingtons mine and plenty others work so I don’t know what all the fuss is about as for Swansea jack he was like me just another link in the chain who had the same line yes there’s plenty of beddies in the grave yard same as other breeds so enjoy what you got and breed out of the dogs what you’ve got in your kennels and if your sourcing another line or breed obviously you’ve got shit in your yard I’m no digging man never have been too old in the tooth too start but Charlie’s been run in the dogs I’ve had here for ni on 30 yrs will do it enjoy lads look what you’ve got in your yard atb

• Like 3
On 09/05/2021 at 15:13, fenman1# said:

Wales ain't a big place so does anyone know where Swansea Jack's stuff ended up? And does anyone know anyone that would sell a pup (that's not part of the circle of 5) or could anyone pm me Swansea Jack's real name to try and find him on fb or something, just looking to try one and see what there like I don't nó do the lads with them just talk and don't want there dogs going to a digging home, incase they fail but the thing is iv got a graveyard full of failures, and there will be more joining as I believe a good ground dog is the hardest to get in a working dog, and them failures was bred out of the best its just one of them things. Bite the bullet and move on, in reality the lads holding them in there circle of 5 are going to be the reason they dissappear or end up been dogs with a percentage of bedlington in them.

Atb

Hi Feynman by the sound of your post you’ve nothing in your yard worth breeding out of and looks like you go out buying or waiting for others too breed for you if your such a big digging man as you portray I’m sure your.in a circle of good terriermen whom can provide you with the top terrier you desire atb

1 minute ago, coco said:

Hi Feynman by the sound of your post you’ve nothing in your yard worth breeding out of and looks like you go out buying or waiting for others too breed for you if your such a big digging man as you portray I’m sure your.in a circle of good terriermen whom can provide you with the top terrier you desire atb

Do you see me looking for any other breed of dog? Just wanted to try one but for some reason know one wants to sell. And if you see any of my older post spent over 5 months in hospital saving my leg, fell through a chicken shed roof at work and caught ecoli so gave dogs to mates, had my partner with 2 kids cleaning and feeding dogs so had no other choice, that's what I'm getting pups back off and have a few to start this year and you can't get bedlingtons in Ireland seems like you can't get them in England either. got black dogs, match dogs and bull xs all round me wouldn't have to be asking on here to try a bedlington if they could be got here.. And plus you sausage your as bad as mortan your reply was I lived to far away! I'd prefer dogs to go as far away as possible, start filling the town with ground dogs we would have to do a rotour for who's day it is to go digging round here.. Money is money weather I'm in Ireland, England or Scotland I'm not looking for a free dog just wanted to try one but you jumped on all willy nilly then said I'm to far ? was going on like you had to deliver it or something.. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Come on let’s hear what you got a say about beddy Lurchers let’s get you started ?so people that actually get out an do abit with the cross can sit here an laugh at you ??

Mate you can try to laugh at me as much as you like, I couldn’t give two sh*ts to be honest. 

I’ve said it enough times so I’m sure you get the gist by now, I fully accept that there are plenty of Lurchers which apparently have Beddy blood in them “doing a bit” but as you know, I struggle to see the reason for the popularity of a first x Beddy runner, as this thread and innumerate others clearly highlight the lack of working beddys, abs given the number of 1st x Beddy whips about, I just don’t get it, when there are lots of other working terrier breeds out there. 

Ps you must have some kind of Beddy Lurcher society alarm ? in your gaff to alert you when anyone knocks the mighty Beddy ? 

I’ll also add - I’ve never seen a Beddy x which I thought wow that’s some dog I’d love to kennel that it have a pup out of it. Would love to have my eyes opened mate, and always willing to judge as I find.

Im also aware that there are lads out there digging to beddys,  it I’ve always wondered why they are always so shrouded in secrecy and it’s all a bit cloak and dagger. 

30 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Do you see me looking for any other breed of dog? Just wanted to try one but for some reason know one wants to sell. And if you see any of my older post spent over 5 months in hospital saving my leg, fell through a chicken shed roof at work and caught ecoli so gave dogs to mates, had my partner with 2 kids cleaning and feeding dogs so had no other choice, that's what I'm getting pups back off and have a few to start this year and you can't get bedlingtons in Ireland seems like you can't get them in England either. got black dogs, match dogs and bull xs all round me wouldn't have to be asking on here to try a bedlington if they could be got here.. And plus you sausage your as bad as mortan your reply was I lived to far away! I'd prefer dogs to go as far away as possible, start filling the town with ground dogs we would have to do a rotour for who's day it is to go digging round here.. Money is money weather I'm in Ireland, England or Scotland I'm not looking for a free dog just wanted to try one but you jumped on all willy nilly then said I'm to far ? was going on like you had to deliver it or something.. 

Yes you sound your into all sorts what’s the saying jack of all trades master of none get the dogs too do everything your desire probably you’d get rid of half your dogs enjoy

30 minutes ago, coco said:

Yes you sound your into all sorts what’s the saying jack of all trades master of none get the dogs too do everything your desire probably you’d get rid of half your dogs enjoy

As a matter of fact I kinda am into all sorts.. Atleast I'm not in a circle of 5 sausages that talk shit about pet home but afraid to sell them where they will be tested... Morton (iv got the best bedlington with pups and only pet homes buying them but won't sell pups to people on here) ? then theres coco the sausage yes iv a litter and my mate does (but to far away to sell pups too) 2 complete spoons.. After mórtons comment of not selling anyone pups off the site should be f****d off it. 

1 minute ago, fenman1# said:

As a matter of fact I kinda am into all sorts.. Atleast I'm not in a circle of 5 sausages that talk shit about pet home but afraid to sell them where they will be tested... Morton (iv got the best bedlington with pups and only pet homes buying them but won't sell pups to people on here) ? then theres coco the sausage yes iv a litter and my mate does (but to far away to sell pups too) 2 complete spoons.. After mórtons comment of not selling anyone pups off the site should be f****d off it. 

I like you ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1