the best bedlington.

morton

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2021 at 21:33, Elchapo said:

No point he'd tell you he don't no you so not letting g you have one 

Its my lads litter.As ive stated before its hard to find a decent working home for a Bedlington because the majority of folk wanting one want a bitch to breed from and sell pups.Folk find it easy enough to post on a feckless forum and send pm,s stating they want a pup.Again that's total fecking ignorance,there is no quick fix litters about,do a little homework,find somebody in the know,get introduced and invited out,get in a queue and prove that a gift of a working terrier will not bite the owners arse again.The main reason my lad will gift to pet homes is because the pups have a better chance in life.A few lads on here have been out with the bitch and want pups,they made an effort.

• Like 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad I'm in a secret clique who do actually have the best working dogs in the universe so I don't have to get involved with this shit.  My son has a bitch in pup and he's giving the whole lit

I'd gladly try a bedlington if you wanna put me forward to owner of pups and dog will be garunteed earth work every week if it made the grade and wasn't €2000 to start with. Tried getting a bedlington

You need to log in more often then ? Cheers, D.  

33 minutes ago, morton said:

Its my lads litter.As ive stated before its hard to find a decent working home for a Bedlington because the majority of folk wanting one want a bitch to breed from and sell pups.Folk find it easy enough to post on a feckless forum and send pm,s stating they want a pup.Again that's total fecking ignorance,there is no quick fix litters about,do a little homework,find somebody in the know,get introduced and invited out,get in a queue and prove that a gift of a working terrier will not bite the owners arse again.The main reason my lad will gift to pet homes is because the pups have a better chance in life.A few lads on here have been out with the bitch and want pups,they made an effort.

Gifted em to pet homes at 1000 a pop? ?only joking mate atleast with 9/10 pet people the dogs will live out a good life 

3 hours ago, morton said:

There are better working bedlingtons about than ive owned or bred and a few honest lads rate them because of what they offer as grafters.What I strived to breed was a little honesty into the beddy,others are as honest and as frustrated with the shite that people breed and sell as authentic grafters.I don,t own a monopoly on working beddy,s,i bang a little harder on the drum to attempt to steer folk away from shite.The vast,vast majority of working Bedlingtons bred are utter dross,the small percentage of decent uns bred are as good as any working terrier out there.There is a reason I and a few others own workers,time,effort,graft and never breed for financial reward,a little luck and perseverance and a skin like rhino hide.

I agree most Bedlington terriers bred today are being bred for £££ and not to better a type "worker to worker "  

I had a look on bushing page and see few pics of your dogs and they look nice type  .  

24 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I agree most Bedlington terriers bred today are being bred for £££ and not to better a type "worker to worker "  

I had a look on bushing page and see few pics of your dogs and they look nice type  .  

nice working type.I offered to let a like minded soul use his or hers working Beddy dog over a spare bitch I owned,they could have all the pups as long as they gifted a few of them to folk looking at a beddy as working addition to their kennel.The dog had to be a genuine grafter below,guess how many folk replied?.

22 minutes ago, morton said:

nice working type.I offered to let a like minded soul use his or hers working Beddy dog over a spare bitch I owned,they could have all the pups as long as they gifted a few of them to folk looking at a beddy as working addition to their kennel.The dog had to be a genuine grafter below,guess how many folk replied?.

50,000+?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, morton said:

I'd gladly try a bedlington if you wanna put me forward to owner of pups and dog will be garunteed earth work every week if it made the grade and wasn't €2000 to start with. Tried getting a bedlington to try but they seem impossible to get or impossible to get a reply back.. If people wanted to keep the bedlington alive why wouldn't they sell to any working home? been part of a circle of 5 people ain't going to save any breed either. 

Atb fenman

• Like 10

I think everyone would agree with what you say mate.

these bedlingtons are crosses though.

they have an obvious look of a bedlington 

but there is a healthy splash of lakey / fell ....

dare I say it patterdale.

even Newcombe pepped em up a bit.

nowt wrong with that at all.... I’m 100% all for it ......shame the gene pool isn’t bigger with less need for out crossing so much.

mortons bedlingtons do work , I’m not questioning that 

ATB ... TonyT

• Like 2
On 03/05/2021 at 10:33, fenman1# said:

I'd gladly try a bedlington if you wanna put me forward to owner of pups and dog will be garunteed earth work every week if it made the grade and wasn't €2000 to start with. Tried getting a bedlington to try but they seem impossible to get or impossible to get a reply back.. If people wanted to keep the bedlington alive why wouldn't they sell to any working home? been part of a circle of 5 people ain't going to save any breed either. 

Atb fenman

You it nail on the head ,it wouldn't take long to get working line if lads got together and bred the best to best as they still some cracking looking Bedlingtons about ,shame the show and work folk karnt get it together as they soon get the Bedlington back to how they should be . 

• Like 1
On 03/05/2021 at 16:54, TonyT said:

I think everyone would agree with what you say mate.

these bedlingtons are crosses though.

they have an obvious look of a bedlington 

but there is a healthy splash of lakey / fell ....

dare I say it patterdale.

even Newcombe pepped em up a bit.

nowt wrong with that at all.... I’m 100% all for it ......shame the gene pool isn’t bigger with less need for out crossing so much.

mortons bedlingtons do work , I’m not questioning that 

ATB ... TonyT

It wouldn't take long to get a working line going if the lads who  got bedys bred best to best and let them go to work homes and not just see £££££ they still some nice looking bedys about .

• Like 1
17 hours ago, dawnraider09 said:

So are there any pups going or not?dog or bitch I ain’t fussed,genuine working home waiting on 850 acres of estate I manage.

Don't understand how someone can complain that it's only pet homes wanting he's dogs and when we say we will buy one and run it on as a working dog and then they don't even reply to a message, I think half the lads that keep bedlington lose there arse hole when you tell them you wanna try it to ground.. I wouldn't mind trying to source out some of that Swansea Jack stuff from what I remember he done a bit of digging with them

Edited by fenman1#
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, fenman1# said:

Don't understand how someone can complain that it's only pet homes wanting he's dogs and when we say we will buy one and run it on as a working dog and then they don't even reply to a message, I think half the lads that keep bedlington lose there arse hole when you tell them you wanna try it to ground.. I wouldn't mind trying to source out some of that Swansea Jack stuff from what I remember he done a bit of digging with them

There’s still plenty of stuff around that Swansea jack had theres still a good group of us that work them and enjoy them like you said there’s not enough people using them sadly they bedlington /fells ranging from 1/4 too 1/8 fell mainly black/bronze or chocolate yes and mainly work below ground atb 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, coco said:

There’s still plenty of stuff around that Swansea jack had theres still a good group of us that work them and enjoy them like you said there’s not enough people using them sadly they bedlington /fells ranging from 1/4 too 1/8 fell mainly black/bronze or chocolate yes and mainly work below ground atb 

Do you know anyone that will be breeding any of that stuff and that would actually sell a pair or even 1 pup, thanks for the reply