Stanley Band Clamp

13 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

What do you wank over, Drops? Kiddies underwear catalogues?

FFS. I spend a lot of time tinkering in my tool room. Better than sliding around this place, making stupid comments for a rise.

I spend a lot of time in my garage. Restoring my tractor good to have a little get away in life ?

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it’s one of these types the pin inside breaks it’s plastic holder and the trigger just stays back, if you take the side cover off and drill a hole through were the pin goes then put a nut and bolt

What do you wank over, Drops? Kiddies underwear catalogues? FFS. I spend a lot of time tinkering in my tool room. Better than sliding around this place, making stupid comments for a rise.

Can even get clamps to hold buckets

Posted Images

:clapper: Kanny wins it! I actually gasped when I saw those Beautiful sashers! Not Record, I'm guessing? :(

See, I just hanker for the Old England I once knew. When you could buy tools you could hand down, Today, to your Grandchildren!

Prime example; My Stanley (UK) made 'Yankee' screwdriver. Probably fukking near as old as me. Perfect! Battery never runs out. I get to feel Part of the job. Doesn't effect my hearing. So on.

Some generic spreader clamp? Squeeze the handle that little bit too hard? Pop! Chuck it and buy a new one! Chink sash types? Fraction of a turn too much? Strip!

I fukking Hate Shit!!! ?

5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:clapper: Kanny wins it! I actually gasped when I saw those Beautiful sashers! Not Record, I'm guessing? :(

See, I just hanker for the Old England I once knew. When you could buy tools you could hand down, Today, to your Grandchildren!

Prime example; My Stanley (UK) made 'Yankee' screwdriver. Probably fukking near as old as me. Perfect! Battery never runs out. I get to feel Part of the job. Doesn't effect my hearing. So on.

Some generic spreader clamp? Squeeze the handle that little bit too hard? Pop! Chuck it and buy a new one! Chink sash types? Fraction of a turn too much? Strip!

I fukking Hate Shit!!! ?

It’s cos he showed you his wood ain’t it ? 

19 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Christ, Archie! Talk about 'coming prepared'!

Must say though, those old G Clamps don't do it for me. More metal workers stuff, I'd say.

Todays Spreaders are good, with wood. But, I already know to question their pressure load. Was pumping the handle on one a while back? Something just went and that was all she wrote :(

If it’s one of these types the pin inside breaks it’s plastic holder and the trigger just stays back, if you take the side cover off and drill a hole through were the pin goes then put a nut and bolt right through, you can give it a bit more welly and save an otherwise useless clamp, I,ve broke a few with my passion hands , ?

76B527D1-1F36-4C7C-A6F4-B869CC3D1427.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If it’s one of these types the pin inside breaks it’s plastic holder and the trigger just stays back, if you take the side cover off and drill a hole through were the pin goes then put a nut and bolt right through, you can give it a bit more welly and save an otherwise useless clamp, I,ve broke a few with my passion hands , ?

76B527D1-1F36-4C7C-A6F4-B869CC3D1427.png

Nice tip that mate ?

• Like 1

Greyman, that's the sort! Christ, don't tell me you busted an Irwin though?!  Those things are brutally expensive and Should be quality.

But, yeah. They call them " Spreader Clamps ". And I'll be trying to get mine apart, tomorrow.

As said; Great Tip! :clapper:

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Greyman, that's the sort! Christ, don't tell me you busted an Irwin though?!  Those things are brutally expensive and Should be quality.

But, yeah. They call them " Spreader Clamps ". And I'll be trying to get mine apart, tomorrow.

As said; Great Tip! :clapper:

It was a copy mate but I think they all work on the same principle ?

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Not Record, I'm guessing?

Yeah pretty sure they were Record,  that was in the old workshop a few years ago now, we have the Record  heavy duty ones now , prefer the ones in the picture if I'm honest ?

• Like 1

Managed to get a Record Holdfast clamp about 20 years ago, brand new, in exchange for a turned Iroko 10 inch fruit bowl, and matching goblet off a bloke at work. Fantastic piece of kit. Band clamps are handy for all sorts of stuff, you can even remove the jaws and clamp segments tightly if making segmented bowls for turning, although I have just bought a Draper Hose Clamp Set, you get 3 metres and 8 fittings and make up whatever length suits1334987843_recordholdfastclamp.jpg.d68e89692c3102b58ee395aff33e4dde.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mister Gain said:

Managed to get a Record Holdfast clamp about 20 years ago, brand new, in exchange for a turned Iroko 10 inch fruit bowl, and matching goblet off a bloke at work. Fantastic piece of kit. Band clamps are handy for all sorts of stuff, you can even remove the jaws and clamp segments tightly if making segmented bowls for turning, although I have just bought a Draper Hose Clamp Set, you get 3 metres and 8 fittings and make up whatever length suits1334987843_recordholdfastclamp.jpg.d68e89692c3102b58ee395aff33e4dde.jpg

That's the kiddie!  Dog clamp as I know it that's exactly what we had at school,  brilliant bit of kit ?