Visa Debit Cards?

have a look here

WWW.VISA.CO.UK

A card that links directly to your bank account and keeps your money protected.

No other card is more widely accepted around the world than Visa debit. Visa debit allows you to pay, simply and securely, in person, online, over the phone or through the mail. You can keep track of your spending. You can manage your money. It is the easiest way to access the money in your bank account.

• Visa debit can be used whether you're home or away, at any time of day or night, so there's no need for cash
  • Wherever you use Visa debit, you are fully protected. If, for example, you're unfortunate enough to book a holiday with an airline or travel agent that becomes insolvent, you'll generally get your money back. Similarly, if you order something that is not delivered, not as described, or arrives faulty or damaged, you’ll receive a full refund
  • It's a safe, secure way to pay, backed up by proven security technologies like Verified by Visa and Chip and PIN
  • It's more versatile than cash, and if you lose it, you’ll be sent a replacement*
  • As millions of people around the world have found, you can easily use Visa debit everyday, everywhere, for everything.
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I remember the Rowan Atkinson adverts about Barclay Cards and their integral insurance. Wondering; Is there any form of come back with a Visa Debit?

I've paid some firm with one. Got ripped off. Now, they're ghosting me.

That blow up doll still not come?..b*****ds !

• Haha 1

Here we go, Stan; From the good old days ...

I had a blow up doll as a girlfriend, back in the day. I let her down :(

This one's 'solid'. Cost me so much I had to sell Three Juby traps to afford it!

Fukk me, we could get some mileage out of this one!

• Like 1

Had all the cards; American Express, Diners, MasterCard, but allways stuck with Visa.

Only had two claims, and both settled immediately without me having to prove anything.

Missus loves Visa as it gives free travel insurance if you use it to buy tickets, hotel reservations etc.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

Contact your bank lad

Just come back from filling out the online form ;)

" Jedco.uk " is the scammer, by the way. Email shows up as " oevservice.com ". Bank statement shows the money actually went to " Duhong Clothing ".

Tried to buy a £40+ set of chair wheels. Got a chink knock off pair of " Ray Ban " shades, from chinka, instead. Seems it's all the rage at the moment.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Only had two claims, and both settled immediately without me having to prove anything.

Form asked me; " Have you had an independent expert confirm that what you received is not what you ordered? " I clicked YES.

If they later ask me who the expert was, I'll say " My dog. Even He can tell a set of chair wheels from fukking sun glasses! " ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Form asked me; " Have you had an independent expert confirm that what you received is not what you ordered? " I clicked YES.

If they later ask me who the expert was, I'll say " My dog. Even He can tell a set of chair wheels from fukking sun glasses! " ?

Coincidentally, one of the claims was for a prescription pair of Rayban sunglasses left in a seat pocket on an aircraft !

Cheers.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

This one's 'solid'. Cost me so much I had to sell Three Juby traps to afford it!

I bought a blow up doll but it deflated, when I complained to the sellers that it had gone down on me they took another £20 off my card. 

Cheers, D.

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

SUPERB.  YOUR SKIN IS LIKE VINYL. .  SO CREEPY.   I'll  say that to the Mrs. ????  ?  ..... the drummer ain't playing in sync. ???

We had this with a vise debit card in the first lockdown.  The Mrs wanted us to go on the zip wire in Wales.  Because of lockdown we couldn't go and they weren't operational but they didn't want to give the money back.  You can go to the bank/building society but there are time limits. 90 days comes to mind.  We were past the 90 days and past bank help. eventually zip wire did cough up but the cheeky sods claimed £3 admin.  It depends on what you bought and how reputable the outfit is.   But if you bought tickets for Glastonbury last year, it didn't happen.  Money held over for this year.!!   This year has been cancelled. !!  Money held over to next year.!!  Next year the prices will go up and you'll have to pay more to go.  From this experiment we find that over £50 pay by CREDIT CARD.

11 hours ago, paddyluke said:

have a look here

WWW.VISA.CO.UK

A card that links directly to your bank account and keeps your money protected.

No other card is more widely accepted around the world than Visa debit. Visa debit allows you to pay, simply and securely, in person, online, over the phone or through the mail. You can keep track of your spending. You can manage your money. It is the easiest way to access the money in your bank account.

• Visa debit can be used whether you're home or away, at any time of day or night, so there's no need for cash
  • Wherever you use Visa debit, you are fully protected. If, for example, you're unfortunate enough to book a holiday with an airline or travel agent that becomes insolvent, you'll generally get your money back. Similarly, if you order something that is not delivered, not as described, or arrives faulty or damaged, you’ll receive a full refund
  • It's a safe, secure way to pay, backed up by proven security technologies like Verified by Visa and Chip and PIN
  • It's more versatile than cash, and if you lose it, you’ll be sent a replacement*
  • As millions of people around the world have found, you can easily use Visa debit everyday, everywhere, for everything.

They fail to mention a time limit. They didn't want to know when I  went in to ask about a problem.  They blamed covid.  Be quick.