• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few months back my lad was getting picked on by a couple of little pricks.. retaliated and gave the one kid a good slap...day later as he was coming in the front door,someone asked him if his parents

One that got me looked similar to this, same eyes an all

best guard dog i ever seen was a border collie dog used to guard the yard next to the farm i used to ferret on it was one evil sneaky cant of a dog was ok with the farmer and his lads but any one else

Posted Images

6 hours ago, downsouth said:

And it lasted 7years? I live a couple of minutes from a german Shepherd breeder who was head of the Met police dog department and is still held in very high regard in German Shepherd circles.He said that the Czech line shepherds were too much even for the police when they tried them as they were wired more like a Mali which they also tried and gave up on.Seen so many lads get these super hypo working bred lines as guards or even security dogs for work and end up with massive problems as they just cant give them the constant stimulation they need.Its all very well watching YouTube vids of these dogs doing all the schutchund or mondio/ringsport routines but people have to realise that the dogs theyre watching are owned by serious handlers that are training day in day out with these dogs giving them the work they need rather than just sticking them behind a fence or keeping them in the back of a van and pulling them out for half an hour a day

7 years lol....of f***ing hell....my daughter was emotionally attached to him ,she used to go running 3 to 4 days a week with him ,lead tied around her waist and he was good as gold, ignored dogs and people once they didnt get too messy ,and he was ok in the back of the house until something would get into his head and then he'd wait and out of the blue act up,i was out with him once and the wife had a pit dog too, Neiko (the shepherd) took it upon himself to full on attack the pit who by the way was a very pleasant placid animal,...wrong move on his part ,the pit thrashed the fuk out of him and i had to get herself to hold the shepherd on the lead while i separated the pit from its nose and inner mouth, afterwards i had to ring the son to drive out and collect the pit ,and i took neiko,and that was the last thing i put up with ...the daughter was crying for 2 days after he was gone ,but understood he was a feckin liability,,,I was well aware  what i was getting ,and he was out an awful lot with me ,he could run and walk for hours ,he just wasnt right in the head i think ,he put me off the stupid things for life now ...

17 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

They were pets mate and did the job required im sure they wouldn't of matched up to your standards 

It was one the best rotties I've ever seen, hardest on't estate. 

cache_3051903.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

One that got me looked similar to this, same eyes an all

images.jpeg

Mates father in law had one just like that cnut on his farm, sneaky evil b*****d of a thing. 

Although I do have a bit of a soft spot for them sneaky feckers. Lol. 

That's my guard dog if someone's in the yard he lets me know ,unless they call him a good boy then he just goes all waggy tailed and wants a stroke ??.. always had a dog that will bark and that's good enough for me don't need anything more it'd just be a liability for me IMG_20190307_153830__01.jpg.3d02e2e3e816c8f486a6111589fa68d9.jpg

• Like 1
On 07/04/2021 at 11:29, Tyla said:

Any recommendations for a breed to guard a small holding? Would be loose within the fence and live there full time. Permission has just been granted for a permanent site very close by and I think a bit of additional security would be good. Got to be something that can be trusted with stock though. One of the livestock guardian breeds maybe? I have literally zero experience with guard dogs

Get you a load of these with some rock salt cartridges, much cheaper and folk quickly learn ?

31EFE111-CC95-454D-8D7C-0E9409E148A5.png

• Like 2