Craig"s Hill Video

I was out at Craig’s hill this morning it was awesome weather no wind, birds singing, sun shining and a few rabbits for the pot as a bonus I also met a lovely women and gained permission opn her land too, so all in all a fantastic day out and about. Enjoy guys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Netmaker said:

Nice video mate do you get much hole hopping

Some days yes some no I usually pick up the ferrets and move once they start hopping and running in circles, more productive  use of time and less tiresome for my ferrets in my opinion Bolt the easy ones then move on if you have plenty to go at.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Guss33 said:

That’s a good way of doing it as you don’t clean  out the rabbit population and their is always something left for next time. Nice Video. 

Glad you enjoyed it mate, always good to know they are appreciated Cheers

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

Some days yes some no I usually pick up the ferrets and move once they start hopping and running in circles, more productive  use of time and less tiresome for my ferrets in my opinion Bolt the easy ones then move on if you have plenty to go at.

They seem to hole hop most when the warrens are near humans, the worst property I ferreted had a dozen sheep dogs chasing them constantly and none bolted, the ferrets killed them in the ground in every warren there.

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

They seem to hole hop most when the warrens are near humans, the worst property I ferreted had a dozen sheep dogs chasing them constantly and none bolted, the ferrets killed them in the ground in every warren there.

Its the activity above ground on the day that makes them hesitant to bolt, no matter where I am hard when you have dogs moving around up top 

5 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

Its the activity above ground on the day that makes them hesitant to bolt

Don't really agree, even creeping up, down wind to warrens without dogs. Depends more on the rabbits environment and their wariness to local dangers what I've seen but I always try to be quiet.

6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Don't really agree, even creeping up, down wind to warrens without dogs. Depends more on the rabbits environment and their wariness to local dangers what I've seen but I always try to be quiet.

If you are having trouble bolting in established and heavily populated areas, may I suggest getting better ferrets. Just kidding mate you got to laugh. ?  

• 2 weeks later...

Without doubt the rabbits that live around or near sheds  ,yards or the farmers house are far more switched on than a rabbit living out on the farm in either  cover or a gully .I did have a farmer who reported that he had been trying to shoot a couple / three rabbits that were living under one of his dog kennels ,one bark from  the dogs would have the rabbits bolting back and under ground .I've got so much ground to work I  can hammer the population in any one spot and still have enough rabbits to not only feed my ferrets but also train the up and coming pups .

• Like 1