Sale pitch

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many a man that do foxes week in week out added whippet to there line. If you think about it, it actually makes perfect sense as to why you'd add it. Who wouldn't want a dog to take off faster and tur

Phone call lad got some bull greyhound x whippet pups for sale , what's parent doing , just rabbits but do a fox if had chance,  my reply I'd f**k all of little mix if got chance but that's never goin

Lets be honest how many bull crosses could do 3 or 4 in a night 3/4 times a week?I spent many years lamping regularly with different lads with bull crosses containing all the famous lines you hear abo

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

So...... I have a question and I’m looking for honest answers. We hear it a lot on here and I’m sure there are lads at it. But how many folk on here either have or do, catch 3-4 foxes a night, 3-4 nights a week through the season. With same dog /s. That’s 40-50 foxes a month, so September - feb would be 240-300 foxes a season with same dog / s.

Can anyone honestly say they have owned it known a dog that’s caught 200-300 Charlie a season and how many seasons did it do? Because a dog with a four year working life like that would be doing 1000 foxes.

Just asking ........

Very few. The rifle boys with thermal can notch up those numbers (especially in summer), but it takes some doing with a dog. 

I call bullshit on the vast majority of these claims. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I had what I regard a very good fox bitch nearly 20 years ago.Speed enough to catch winter foxes off decent slips and plenty game enough.Id say she was a better foxing lurcher than 90%of the so called fox dogs ive witnessed over the years and her best was 4 in a night once and a couple of 3s and to be honest she wasnt getting run on any more foxes that week.Im talking winter foxes not 3/4 grown cubs and lamped on foot and run single handed.

There still dogs out there getting plenty done.

6 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

So...... I have a question and I’m looking for honest answers. We hear it a lot on here and I’m sure there are lads at it. But how many folk on here either have or do, catch 3-4 foxes a night, 3-4 nights a week through the season. With same dog /s. That’s 40-50 foxes a month, so September - feb would be 240-300 foxes a season with same dog / s.

Can anyone honestly say they have owned it known a dog that’s caught 200-300 Charlie a season and how many seasons did it do? Because a dog with a four year working life like that would be doing 1000 foxes.

Just asking ........

The vast majority of dogs would be lucky to see 40 in a lifetime never mind a month, I know a couple of crews of lads that put good numbers away most seasons but that's 5 or 6 lads with a couple of lurchers a piece and it takes some doing. 

Done 10 in a week over the Christmas holidays 20 odd years ago with a wheaten x and he seen a few other bits and pieces while out with the terriers and the lamp, looked like he'd been shot in the face with bird hail. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

The vast majority of dogs would be lucky to see 40 in a lifetime never mind a month, I know a couple of crews of lads that put good numbers away most seasons but that's 5 or 6 lads with a couple of lurchers a piece and it takes some doing. 

Done 10 in a week over the Christmas holidays 20 odd years ago with a wheaten x and he seen a few other bits and pieces while out with the terriers and the lamp, looked like he'd been shot in the face with bird hail. 

Ten in a week winter good going ?? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Eight dead and at least two more presumed dead underground , in a morning.IMG_0082.JPG.59aab6917fdc546b6ea35cbac73ef2ad.JPG

A couple of running dogs and a couple of terriers, but this dog done most of the work.

Cheers.

?? go on how’s it bred ? ??