Lack of parental responsibility?

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'll have a drink to you lad, peace and prosperity to all. 

First time I've been called old, love the compliment. ?

PXL_20210404_114223852.jpg

It was a Mr t quote in rocky? 

What's that,a bottle of who hit who lol

• Haha 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can speak with a little bit of knowledge on school. In the UK we put massive pressure on kids......and I mean massive, from the time they are babies of 4 ! Almost nobody else is doing that

WILF is 100% correct.  There is absolutely no connection between academic achievement in primary school and how much money people earn at 30. Once you take the top few percent of really clever ki

I've said that for years, cooking and healthy eating should be one of the staples of education in the UK, the same as First Aid, they should be both instilled by the time you're an adult.   

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Francie said:

Sucka the backa of my sacka,?

Not my cup of tea friend, I’m 100% heterosexual.
And listen, apologies for digging you out on your diction and spelling.., your (not you’re ?) input to a thread on education is as valid as the next man’s..., even if you’re (not your ?) a total arsehole.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

Not my cup of tea friend, I’m 100% heterosexual.
And listen, apologies for digging you out on your diction and spelling.., your (not you’re ?) input to a thread on education is as valid as the next man’s..., even if you’re (not your ?) a total arsehole.

Haha I apologise to,ya ........ Lol oj

52 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Think the chem trails are goin to a few folks heads.

Must be the heavy metals there spraying to combat climate change? 

You still doing the must tai? 

Some cracking fights recently an a few next week.

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I've said that for years, cooking and healthy eating should be one of the staples of education in the UK, the same as First Aid, they should be both instilled by the time you're an adult. 

Same as politics / tax / how the world works should be taught aswell. Also should be easier for kids who are in no way academic to do a day a week or something as apprentice.  I had a good [BANNED TEXT] who was always set to fail a exams  , never bothered in school and just coasted through 5 years of school doing fuckall. Would have been great for him to do a day in a mechanics, building site or anything manual with his hands(which he was good at) a week maybe during GCSE years . Then when he finished school hes set . He always said it was a complete waste of time him being in school 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Same as politics / tax / how the world works should be taught aswell. Also should be easier for kids who are in no way academic to do a day a week or something as apprentice.  I had a good [BANNED TEXT] who was always set to fail a exams  , never bothered in school and just coasted through 5 years of school doing fuckall. Would have been great for him to do a day in a mechanics, building site or anything manual with his hands(which he was good at) a week maybe during GCSE years . Then when he finished school hes set . He always said it was a complete waste of time him being in school 

I was the exact same mate, should have been given a trade at 12 as the next 4 years were a total waste of my life, I can watch someone on you tube rebuild an engine and follow suite but if I tried read about it I will be there a month and still be none the wiser ??

• Like 3

My high school was one of the most academic in my province once upon a time. But they also offered alternatives, you could take mechanics or wood shop (well, boys could. Girls were discouraged which is a shame, cause I would have done wood shop for sure. They offered me Home Economics ??). You only needed to pass so many credits in a subject like maths or French, before you could drop it and chose something more suited to you. Funny how we've so-called advanced in recent years but lost all logic in so many ways. 

12 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I agree, and I think schools are improving on this as well. My eldest is going into her exam year (S4 here) at high school. She’s been offered a whole host of part-time courses to take at the local college now.., most of which are aimed at kids who’ll be leaving school at the earliest opportunity (summer 2022), and without many qualifications. Think that’s a positive step.., and allows kids to begin to prepare for getting into work when they leave school.

1 minute ago, Rusty2 said:

Nah our gyms been shut for nearly a year now , it was open for a wee while but no sparring or pads all we were doing was hitting a bag. I know a few of the boys who fight at a high level have been getting in to train, me and another fella have just been doin pads and stuff at home.They have announced another yokkao card in Bolton at the end of July so hoping one of our guys gets on that and I will head down .

You need to come hold the pads for me, different gravy lad.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Not after last time. Doctors said they were lucky to piece me back together and that they had never seen arms as badly broken

Them doctors were optimistic I'm telling you. 

The world takes all sorts and needs all sorts . You need the insanely brainy academics,  high level sorts , they can design and work out anything thats needed , you need the next levels to take their thoughts and put them in to practice and organise it all the way down to the boots on the ground actually putting the plans together .

Spurs new stadium is a marvel in design the way its all held together , its beyond me how someone can design something complex . But without the guys in high viz driving the dumpers , shifting the cement , doing the blockwork its just a thought in some brainy guys head . 

I found with school they pushed and pushed that exams and academia was so important and almost life and death and in the end it didnt really matter for most of us. The brainy ones didnt need pressure to be good at class they just were . The ones like my friend were made to feel thick and not good enough should have had their energy channelled somewhere where they could excell .

I have another good mate who can hardly read and writing isnt his strong point either but you should see his garden . Its world class , beautifull decking and lighting , hidden speakers and all sorts . But in school he was written off as thick and a waste of time. Finished school and dropped in and out of jobs and didnt really have a direction for years . Id bet anything if at 13/14 he did a day a week with a landscaper they would have seen his potential and his graft. Couple of positive comments from them , " soon as u finish school kid you give me a call , you got a job with me if u want it"  or overhearing the boss saying to customer " hes a great kid, got a good nose for this type of work , one of the best workers ive had and hes only 14"  , his confidence is up , he feels worth something , and hes got a clear path he can follow . Instead of being booted out of school after his last day into the world with no idea what to do .

But the main problem is that i see school as a way of helping the kids on their way to being a grown up but it isnt . Its all politics and money and stats and ratings etc .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

The world takes all sorts and needs all sorts . You need the insanely brainy academics,  high level sorts , they can design and work out anything thats needed , you need the next levels to take their thoughts and put them in to practice and organise it all the way down to the boots on the ground actually putting the plans together .

Spurs new stadium is a marvel in design the way its all held together , its beyond me how someone can design something complex . But without the guys in high viz driving the dumpers , shifting the cement , doing the blockwork its just a thought in some brainy guys head . 

I found with school they pushed and pushed that exams and academia was so important and almost life and death and in the end it didnt really matter for most of us. The brainy ones didnt need pressure to be good at class they just were . The ones like my friend were made to feel thick and not good enough should have had their energy channelled somewhere where they could excell .

I have another good mate who can hardly read and writing isnt his strong point either but you should see his garden . Its world class , beautifull decking and lighting , hidden speakers and all sorts . But in school he was written off as thick and a waste of time. Finished school and dropped in and out of jobs and didnt really have a direction for years . Id bet anything if at 13/14 he did a day a week with a landscaper they would have seen his potential and his graft. Couple of positive comments from them , " soon as u finish school kid you give me a call , you got a job with me if u want it"  or overhearing the boss saying to customer " hes a great kid, got a good nose for this type of work , one of the best workers ive had and hes only 14"  , his confidence is up , he feels worth something , and hes got a clear path he can follow . Instead of being booted out of school after his last day into the world with no idea what to do .

But the main problem is that i see school as a way of helping the kids on their way to being a grown up but it isnt . Its all politics and money and stats and ratings etc .

True, my brother can't read or write for shit but he will piss all over me on practical shit. 

He's a brickie but can put his hand to anything, academically I'm much smarter than him but in the real world he will give me a ten break. 

• Like 2