Lack of parental responsibility?

2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:
WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

MORE than 200,000 pupils moving from primary to secondary school this autumn...

If these figures are correct surely this is down to the parents as much as the lockdown? All kids that didn't have someone at home (I.e working) were still at school which means those kids that have fallen drastically behind haven't been taught what the schools provided by their parents. They're on about all sorts of measures that will increase the kids time in school when really the parents should have just done their job and raised their f***ing kids surely. 

Bit ‘sensationalist’ that article, no surprise, as no kids going up the high school this year (like my youngest) are unable to read due to home schooling (or the lack of) due to Covid. 
It is a fact that some parents have so little education they struggle to support even their primary school age kids. My missus works at a Primary school, and says that they’ve given them laptops, tablets etc., but some parents can’t even turn the things on. My own experience is that the schools have done the best they can..., and if each parent has done the same, well then that’s that. Education has been affected though, and some kids will never catch up now. That’s a shame.

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can speak with a little bit of knowledge on school. In the UK we put massive pressure on kids......and I mean massive, from the time they are babies of 4 ! Almost nobody else is doing that

WILF is 100% correct.  There is absolutely no connection between academic achievement in primary school and how much money people earn at 30. Once you take the top few percent of really clever ki

I've said that for years, cooking and healthy eating should be one of the staples of education in the UK, the same as First Aid, they should be both instilled by the time you're an adult.   

Posted Images

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

If these figures are correct surely this is down to the parents as much as the lockdown? All kids that didn't have someone at home (I.e working) were still at school which means those kids that have fallen drastically behind haven't been taught what the schools provided by their parents. They're on about all sorts of measures that will increase the kids time in school when really the parents should have just done their job and raised their f***ing kids surely. 

Wrong again lol schools didn’t send no work then when they did it was shite lol may aswell been colouring book lol 

then they did it a lesson few hours on computer schools are there to groom kids simple as that that’s why they are there from 3 not teaching them things set them up in life teaching them how they want them to act behave do as they are told ?? 

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Yep!

I remember playing a game on the interactive whiteboard once with a class of year ones (5 - 6). The game involved randomly generated words which were either real or nonsense words and they had to select whether to put them in the bin or in the treasure chest. It didn't recognize the word adze so I had to tell them that it wasn't a nonsense word but was in fact a tool. When I told them in the staffroom they said, "Yeah, but only weird people like you know stuff like that."

Lads your experience counts for nothing,the goverment any there shill South hams said so,fall into line?

1 hour ago, Francie said:

Gone f**k up about the gov for once in your life,parents ain't f***ing teachers,that why they go to school in the first place. 

Typical government shut the schools down but blame the parents haha what a f***ing joke

Your a tit South hams,you BELEIVE anything the gov says,your foolery is astounds me.

First in with the insults and profanity Francie. Well done.

I agree that (most) parents aren’t teachers, but as we’ve already seen in this thread, most have a go and are quite resourceful in finding practical ways to teach their kids all sorts. The obligation I think ALL parents do have though is, to make sure their kids attend school, and that they behave when they are there. Many parents fail on that score.

PS. It’s spelled believe (‘I’ before ‘E’ etc.)..., and it’s ‘you’re’ at tit, not ‘your’ a tit.

Giving you a D-

Must try harder.

• Haha 2
WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

Your a f***ing ejit,go an suck Hancock's roger,your probably one of those tell a tits,I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you. 

2 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

I agree that (most) parents aren’t teachers, but as we’ve already seen in this thread, most have a go and are quite resourceful in finding practical ways to teach their kids all sorts. The obligation I think ALL parents do have though is, to make sure their kids attend school, and that they behave when they are there. Many parents fail on that score.

PS. It’s spelled believe (‘I’ before ‘E’ etc.)..., and it’s ‘you’re’ at tit, not ‘your’ a tit.

Giving you a D-

Must try harder.

Out of likes for today... ?

3 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Giving you a D-

Must try harder.

Who asked you wank the dogs.

Your another tit,trying to call me out on profanitys,when your doing it yourself the last few days,didn't you,so button your gov,an get back in your cupboard.

3 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Giving you a D-

Must try harder.

Tell you kid go to school listen do as told lol

i tell mine get school listen be polite but if the teachers telling you something  you think different question them she does 

6 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Giving you a D-

Must try harder.

My children are great at school,an have done what the school had given them,which wasn't much,easy peasy. 

You an shh should get a couple of walkie talkies,yous can chat to each other from cupboard to cupboard?

4 minutes ago, Francie said:

Who asked you wank the dogs.

Your another tit,trying to call me out on profanitys,when your doing it yourself the last few days,didn't you,so button your gov,an get back in your cupboard.

That’s not very Christian of you, on the Sabbath and a day of celebration.

Beannachtaí na Cásca ort. Peace be with you.

9 minutes ago, Francie said:

My children are great at school,an have done what the school had given them,which wasn't much,easy peasy. 

You an shh should get a couple of walkie talkies,yous can chat to each other from cupboard to cupboard?

is it to early to get the popcorn out

• Haha 4
WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

Not all key workers kids could get places at school.

Mine lad was OK to go secondary but daughter primary there wasn't any spaces left for her to attend. 

Although we did are best to home school her