Which fox call (electronic)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The beauty of these callers is the way you can set them out in the area you wish to shoot and operate them remotely. I maintain that a good mouth squeak is better than any of these speakers but when y

I’m all for travelling light and not having loads of kit . But a speaker brings them to you . Just put it out , sit back and wait , sometimes it’s quick , other times it can take longer . I’ve even sa

Ashamed to say I haven't! Only had it out the once. I've got to find more time! Especially before September; missus expecting our 3rd sprog! Bloody lockdown boredom!! ?

Posted Images

8 hours ago, David.evans said:

It’s took me months to master this whistle, and I have to say it’s devastating once you get the hang of it , and for £14.00 it’s well worth the money 342747F1-CBE8-4192-A9BA-1C6B5920AFFF.png.aeebbf6b0fcdc0366db49895b9d36127.png

Ah my favourite call Dave.................................NOT !!!!   That bloody thing has driven me round the twist. I have managed it on a couple of attempts but simply cannot get the hang of it. I did throw it one night but after just paying £14, the yorkshire blood came into play and I found it 15mins later ?

• Haha 4

I’m all for travelling light and not having loads of kit . But a speaker brings them to you . Just put it out , sit back and wait , sometimes it’s quick , other times it can take longer . I’ve even sat with it squeaking for an hour or more , because I know there is a fox in the area . Sooner or later curiosity is too much for them . I defy anyone to call with a mouth call or whistle for that length of time . I honestly won’t go foxing without an electronic caller . Also at certain times of year cub sounds and mating barks work more than distress calls .  
My usual method of foxing is to drive and scan , covering a large area . If I spot a fox I will very often stop it , or draw it nearer to me with a mouth call . I might not even use my caller that night . But if I am not seeing any foxes I will just park up and set out the caller , get the flask out and wait and see . It has very often been the difference between a successful night or a blank .

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’m all for travelling light and not having loads of kit . But a speaker brings them to you . Just put it out , sit back and wait , sometimes it’s quick , other times it can take longer . I’ve even sat with it squeaking for an hour or more , because I know there is a fox in the area . Sooner or later curiosity is too much for them . I defy anyone to call with a mouth call or whistle for that length of time . I honestly won’t go foxing without an electronic caller . Also at certain times of year cub sounds and mating barks work more than distress calls .  
My usual method of foxing is to drive and scan , covering a large area . If I spot a fox I will very often stop it , or draw it nearer to me with a mouth call . I might not even use my caller that night . But if I am not seeing any foxes I will just park up and set out the caller , get the flask out and wait and see . It has very often been the difference between a successful night or a blank .

I think you have hit the nail on the head SL, bring them in to us. We have a large range of perms, all of which hold foxes and to be honest not far to walk to reach their regular hunting areas so the caller will be ideal.  

I am buying Ben's Isotec gc350 which will be for me and I hope to get crow calls on there if possible as we have some great areas for the crows where a lot of damage is done to maize in our area and just to get my two penneth into the crow / general license, what the hell are Natural England doing by putting corvids on the the protected list as far as shooting them to protect song birds/ chicks etc, they must be feckin insane,  rant over.

Phil

• Like 2
1 minute ago, philpot said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head SL, bring them in to us. We have a large range of perms, all of which hold foxes and to be honest not far to walk to reach their regular hunting areas so the caller will be ideal.  

I am buying Ben's Isotec gc350 which will be for me and I hope to get crow calls on there if possible as we have some great areas for the crows where a lot of damage is done to maize in our area and just to get my two penneth into the crow / general license, what the hell are Natural England doing by putting corvids on the the protected list as far as shooting them to protect song birds/ chicks etc, they must be feckin insane,  rant over.

Phil

It is illegal to use electronic calls to shoot crows ...

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Ah my favourite call Dave.................................NOT !!!!   That bloody thing has driven me round the twist. I have managed it on a couple of attempts but simply cannot get the hang of it. I did throw it one night but after just paying £14, the yorkshire blood came into play and I found it 15mins later ?

I’ve got one and I’ve been out with people that use it to good effect, no matter how hard I try I just spit all over myself 

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

It is illegal to use electronic calls to shoot crows ...

Aye, but if you want to just photo them about 45yds above your head, the call works a treat.....  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Used my caller twice this week, not used it for about six weeks till now!

every fox I saw in the thermal came in to the first distressed cub call... two on a sheep farm that I’d been after for a while and pulled 3 in on pig farm the other night... the foxpro I have fits in my coat pocket so no great shakes carting it about

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Aye, but if you want to just photo them about 45yds above your head, the call works a treat.....  ?

Beat me to it.

Anyhow have you killed owt with the new rifle or are you still in the gym twice a day building up the muscles some on here would have you believe are necessary to lift a varmint barrel.?

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, ianm said:

Beat me to it.

Anyhow have you killed owt with the new rifle or are you still in the gym twice a day building up the muscles some on here would have you believe are necessary to lift a varmint barrel.?

I can’t speak for Ben but I’m glad I got the 204 with varmint barrel, I shoot off quads and that little bit of extra weight definitely helps me out in the wind!

waiting on a date for a shoulder op, years of plastering and laying bricks took its toll, first time in years I’ve used a bipod for hunting. 

150ish yard other night, hadn’t even turned caller on, quick squeak and pop.. knees buckled and didn’t even flinch. 

F4893C2E-4CDE-4765-B09A-A065D9BB2655.jpeg

• Like 5
6 hours ago, ianm said:

Beat me to it.

Ashamed to say I haven't! Only had it out the once. I've got to find more time!

Especially before September; missus expecting our 3rd sprog! Bloody lockdown boredom!! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4