Which fox call (electronic)

My shooting buddy is wanting to buy one of the above so a quick phone call to our Si Brown to find out which he has, FoxPro Inferno came back the reply. As Si said, some people prefer one make over another with FoxPro and Best Isotec Fox Call seemingly the most popular. My pal is ready to place his order and no reason whatsoever to think the unit Si has would not do a great job but as always it is interesting to get your opinions.

I thought it was worth putting out on here to see what your thoughts were because looking at the sheer range of models within each range, it can be somewhat confusing to a couple of ole tarts like us sooooo your thoughts please chaps.

Phil

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The beauty of these callers is the way you can set them out in the area you wish to shoot and operate them remotely. I maintain that a good mouth squeak is better than any of these speakers but when y

I’m all for travelling light and not having loads of kit . But a speaker brings them to you . Just put it out , sit back and wait , sometimes it’s quick , other times it can take longer . I’ve even sa

Ashamed to say I haven't! Only had it out the once. I've got to find more time! Especially before September; missus expecting our 3rd sprog! Bloody lockdown boredom!! ?

Posted Images

I was given a caller by a Canadian professor of geology who was passing by on route to Europe.   I don't know what the make is because I  never use it. It never drew a fox but it would draw magpies and crows.  Knowing the ground that I use,  I Mainly travel light on foot using the vantage poiñts to keep the distances down. Over the years I've gained  experience using both voice calling and squeaker whistles. I've had them given to me from Australia, Canada and America but the most effective is one that I  made from soldering two cymbals together from a toy tambourine.   I used to shoot with a bloke who moved away to Essex.  He could make the sound of a vixen by mouth so effectively that he could draw a dog from three fields away. If you didn't know he was there you'd  lamp the blighter up. I found that carrying rifle, ammo, battery pack lamp, shooting stick,stand was enough especially when it was wet and heavy mud.

Edit..... not an answer to the original post but a view of a different angle of operation and equipment. Lots of ways to a common goal.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

I used a Icotec gc500 for a long time, it worked really well, just got shot of all the crap calls and put what I wanted on the sd, my mate had the foxpro and to be honest I couldn’t tell the difference between them, I’ve now got an  Icotec “ sabre” and it’s on another level to the gc and foxpro, you can adjust the sound as the call is playing giving more realism and you can play 2 calls back to back which works really well when they are mating, only down side is it’s quite big, they all work some nights but not others, I’ve had nights where they showed no interest in the digi caller but came running into the 3 quid plastic mouth caller

0F767463-D225-4C17-B2A0-822BEB86C6E8.jpeg

• Like 3

The beauty of these callers is the way you can set them out in the area you wish to shoot and operate them remotely. I maintain that a good mouth squeak is better than any of these speakers but when you call yourself the fox is zeroing in on you and can potentially see you or wind you . 
         I have an icotec and it works well . I like Stavross have an SD card with a few favourites and none of the other stuff . I can’t comment if it’s better or worse than a foxpro . I think you would have to ask a fox , but the ones who fall for them are mostly dead and the others aren’t available for comment. 

• Haha 6
8 hours ago, Stavross said:

I used a Icotec gc500 for a long time, it worked really well, just got shot of all the crap calls and put what I wanted on the sd, my mate had the foxpro and to be honest I couldn’t tell the difference between them, I’ve now got an  Icotec “ sabre” and it’s on another level to the gc and foxpro, you can adjust the sound as the call is playing giving more realism and you can play 2 calls back to back which works really well when they are mating, only down side is it’s quite big, they all work some nights but not others, I’ve had nights where they showed no interest in the digi caller but came running into the 3 quid plastic mouth caller

0F767463-D225-4C17-B2A0-822BEB86C6E8.jpeg

What happened to the fox??

3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I just noticed that Benbhoy has his Icotec gc 350 for sale in the THL classified ads . His input might be valid as to why he is selling? 

Basically I can't be arsed with carrying it! Do all my shooting on foot & its just another thing to carry. I know it's handy setting it up 80yds to my side etc & it's useful in January etc but I'm happier with couple of mouth calls round my neck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Basically I can't be arsed with carrying it! Do all my shooting on foot & its just another thing to carry. I know it's handy setting it up 80yds to my side etc & it's useful in January etc but I'm happier with couple of mouth calls round my neck. 

Is it still available Ben as I will let my pal know if it is.

Phil

• Like 1

Just more kit to lug around. I know a bloke who "controls",  a lot and he squeaks them on the back of his hand.  The thing is that some come in like a train and others just don't want to know and have other plans at that time. Another night that same Charlie presents well.

• Like 1