Got relatives over from the states in a few weeks going to do sticky pork ribs , so looking forward to that. Brisket just takes too long , I struggle to keep low temp on my egg especially if it get hot first, and it's expensive, it works as it's protein for the week and youngest loves and he's almost a vegetarian think he might be the milkman's ....

• Haha 1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents to say I’m excited is an understatement I’ve just sold my old ProQ smoker on eBay and it surprised me how much I got for it so I took the plunge and have upped my game to an American Pit Boss Au

Buddy did a little BBQ for mother's day  

Was handsome 😋 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Borr said:

Got relatives over from the states in a few weeks going to do sticky pork ribs , so looking forward to that. Brisket just takes too long , I struggle to keep low temp on my egg especially if it get hot first, and it's expensive, it works as it's protein for the week and youngest loves and he's almost a vegetarian think he might be the milkman's ....

I put this pork in on fair hot 200+°c for half n hour just get the magic  going and now im slowly bringing the temperature down to around 120°c  , I find with pork if I go low from the start I struggle to get it to render properly. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, kanny said:

I put this pork in on fair hot 200+°c for half n hour just get the magic  going and now im slowly bringing the temperature down to around 120°c  , I find with pork if I go low from the start I struggle to get it to render properly. 

Good shout , the Costco salt and chilli belly slices I get I put a heat deflector in and crank it up which means I can have them in there for an hour or two and the fat renders well , ribs is more about connective tissue I guess, I've mostly avoided them along with short ribs as I begrudge paying for bones lol...

• Like 1
17 hours ago, kanny said:

8 hours of smoking for 2 minutes of eating...worth every second   ?

20220514_193754.jpg

Looks and I bet tasted outrageous mate and look at that little onion ring just hanging off the side saying look at me lol ? 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Looks and I bet tasted outrageous mate and look at that little onion ring just hanging off the side saying look at me lol ? 

Definitely one I'm going to do again  but you need plenty of time on your hands if you are not going to wrap it , I reckon a full shoulder would be a over night job , imo it's worth preserving the bark by not wrapping,  the contrast between the bark and the soft meat is what did  it for me ?

4 minutes ago, kanny said:

Definitely one I'm going to do again  but you need plenty of time on your hands if you are not going to wrap it , I reckon a full shoulder would be a over night job , imo it's worth preserving the bark by not wrapping,  the contrast between the bark and the soft meat is what did  it for me ?

Sounds good the bark and the soft meat both definitely have their merits my lad done a long cook with a neck of pork rather than a shoulder and it was really nice fell apart he’s got a traditional custom made smoker bit different to what we use, and as you say time I’m sitting here now waiting to start a 12 hour shift at 5 o’clock it just kills your enthusiasm. 

• Like 1

Just warmed it slow for lunch everyone stuffed and in pain ,it was finished around midnight. Thicker part was perfect had it with corn on the cob, chips, avocado and bread and butter...

IMG_20220515_135542094_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Just been up the butchers and got my mission for today,  it a secondary cut,  the yanks call it tri tip we call it rump tail,  im going to be doing it low and slow like a mini brisket,  perfect size for just me an the Mr's 

4-5 hours I'm thinking ?

20220521_093158.jpg

• Like 4