32 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Give me a moment, while I go back to page 5, I think it is? And bring you the discussion.

A just remembered there, mate,.... a had a PM conversation with 'Micky' on here, year or so ago,...& it was regarding them traps, & it was some info a found out, from a 'body' at the Scottish Game fair,....a will look at my old PMs & update, you ? (as a say, its cause am no serious rabbit catcher, like some are, or have been)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welllp figured y'all my enjoy one if my wall hangers. Pretty sure is a Victor sure grip  

Fenn 'Loop' Mole Traps Here you go, Katch. I got the box down again. Couple of angles for you to get the best idea. Four different Types. It's all in the trigger design, see? Wire loop thing, on

This is the last Rabbit i caught in a Sawyer ! it was in my neighbours  back garden under a shed , i put a sequence of  pictures showing how they worked then the Internet  trap Police pounced . A stup

Posted Images

Anyway , here goes,  the relevant agency in Scotland, as far as vermin traps & current legislation, etc. They had a stand & the Imbra & Juby were featured on a poster. Got yapping,...& asked why were these traps, now banned, & explained that although im no rabbit trapper, a heard they were effective enough traps, for the purpose ? The representatives there reckoned that because those types hadnt actually been manufactured for a long period (how long, be interested to know, few decade , maybe ???),..then this went some way , in discontinuing their 'Approval' ?,....logic being that maybe they are not as "efficacious" (what does that mean, a asked ? !!) for the job, anymore ?,.....so basically they might not be  adequate, for the task. Anyway, seems a poor decision, you would think ?

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 1
On 04/04/2021 at 19:54, EDDIE B said:

What i do remember is that just before the last updated STAO came in, they put out a questionnaire asking whether anyone wanted these particular traps left on the list. I believe there was little to no response either way, so they removed them from the list  including the Aldrich may i add. The Fenn Rabbit Trap was never under review. Why that is, I don't know.

Eddie, thats interesting. So there was actually consultation, regarding said traps,.....& no real, reaction ?,....forgive ma ignorance , but what is STAO ?

Edited by earth-thrower
10 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Eddie, thats interesting. So there was actually consultation, regarding said traps,.....& no real, reaction ?,....forgive ma ignorance , but what is STAO ?

As far as I can remember there was some sort of questionnaire stuck up somewhere regarding said traps. Most probably didn't even see it, or hear of it, till it was all done and dusted. 

By the way, I seem to be mistaken regarding the Aldrich trap. It is still on the STAO. My bad.

• Like 2