2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

No sure WHY these useful rabbit traps were made illegal,...

Possibly far too expensive to produce ?

Government doesn't produce them though, Phil. No one does, these days, do they? British industry's dead in the water. Imagine chinkie versions! :icon_eek: One firing and they'd smash themselves apart like a hand grenade. Shrapnel going everywhere.

Even if That didn't happen? The springs would be so fukking wank, they'd have lost any semblance of the power to effect a clean kill by the second set! ?

It wasn't fukking broken! What have they achieved / fixed by outlawing the use of perfectly good, pre existing stock???

Fukking head wreck!

• Haha 1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welllp figured y'all my enjoy one if my wall hangers. Pretty sure is a Victor sure grip  

Fenn 'Loop' Mole Traps Here you go, Katch. I got the box down again. Couple of angles for you to get the best idea. Four different Types. It's all in the trigger design, see? Wire loop thing, on

This is the last Rabbit i caught in a Sawyer ! it was in my neighbours  back garden under a shed , i put a sequence of  pictures showing how they worked then the Internet  trap Police pounced . A stup

Posted Images

What i do remember is that just before the last updated STAO came in, they put out a questionnaire asking whether anyone wanted these particular traps left on the list. I believe there was little to no response either way, so they removed them from the list  including the Aldrich may i add. The Fenn Rabbit Trap was never under review. Why that is, I don't know.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I'm able to see some well worthwhile British stuff in there, Myersbg! Everitt Rat. Sawyer Vermin. Otter.

Those Imbras and Jubys could use close scrutiny and cataloguing.

I'd enjoy a good mooch through that lot :)

I'll second that!

Always liked the look of the sawyer vermin, and thought they would work well inside a cubby, for rat, squirrel, or mink, if they were legal to use today. I've never seen one myself in the flesh mind, so not sure if they would result in a clean kill or not.

1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

Always liked the look of the sawyer vermin, and thought they would work well inside a cubby, for rat, squirrel, or mink, if they were legal to use today.

Eddie; I simply can't remember seeing a Sawyer Vermin offered at retail, when they first came out. Generally accepted notion is that Fenn beat him to the punch, producing what was probably a cheaper trap. Sawyers trap sunk.

I do absolutely remember Lloyd traps being offered though. Brand new, from the likes of GILPA. And They were a fukking eye watering £7.00+ :icon_eek: That would have been around the late 60's / early 70's. Look That up!

Twenty years ago, at the probable all time peak of Serious Trap Collecting? Sawyer Vermin's were considered de rigor in a starters set and could be sold all day long for £75.00 a piece.

Oh, and I replaced that eyeball damaging shot of a SV, on my site. Nice crisp shot now :)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Eddie; I simply can't remember seeing a Sawyer Vermin offered at retail, when they first came out. Generally accepted notion is that Fenn beat him to the punch, producing what was probably a cheaper trap. Sawyers trap sunk.

I do absolutely remember Lloyd traps being offered though. Brand new, from the likes of GILPA. And They were a fukking eye watering £7.00+ :icon_eek: That would have been around the late 60's / early 70's. Look That up!

Twenty years ago, at the probable all time peak of Serious Trap Collecting? Sawyer Vermin's were considered de rigor in a starters set and could be sold all day long for £75.00 a piece.

Oh, and I replaced that eyeball damaging shot of a SV, on my site. Nice crisp shot now :)

Those Sawyer Vermin are well sought after these days. See one for near 150 Euro on ebay at the mo.

• Thanks 1