Well it begins start using up your lead

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talking of woke millennial culture, I've just put my foot in it. My gaffers daughter is epitome of woke white apologist feminist. Talking this morning about covid tests, she complained about how

The shoot I keeper has been selling our birds for very little at the beginning of the season and then as the numbers of shot birds increase we give them to the game dealer.           We also have a

It's called "Woke " David ,the environmental loons tell them "lead is bad your all going to die ". And so the knee jerks think woo appeasement let's ban lead and theyl leave us alone. No the

Posted Images

The shoot I keeper has been selling our birds for very little at the beginning of the season and then as the numbers of shot birds increase we give them to the game dealer. 
         We also have a decent amount of deer on the estate. The syndicate has decided to invest some money and we now have a plucking machine, chiller , and newly fitted out preparation room . We will be able to sell venison and shot birds locally. The birds will be shot with lead and so will the venison . I know a stalker who has turned his garage into a meat preparation unit and makes burgers and sausage and joints all vacuum packed or in trays and professional . The amount of people who want game is large , they just don’t know how to deal with fur and feathers, but if it’s done for them , they will pay good money for it . We only shoot modest bags and are not a commercial shoot . I can see that the route we are taking would not be feasible to most . But I think it will work.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Doesn’t quite work like that, it’s ok if you are taking them for yourself, but it’s just another kick in the teeth for the lads who carry out deer management, it’s only the start for animals that a put into the food chain, it’s the usual, jumping in with both feet without looking at all the evidence, I don’t have a problem with not using lead as long as there’s a viable alternative 

On another note I’ve just read a report on hunting with dogs in Ireland and if they pass that law them poor Irish chaps won’t even be able to run a rabbit, I don’t understand this world anymore, it’s just full of soft, bubble rapped idiots

2 hours ago, Alsone said:

Just don't sell your quarry. If they ask why, it's because it now costs 10 times as much to shoot them but you're still only offering the same  price.

• Like 3

It's called "Woke " David ,the environmental loons tell them "lead is bad your all going to die ".

And so the knee jerks think woo appeasement let's ban lead and theyl leave us alone.

No they won't, they won't stop till all shooting is banned. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

The world always moves on , lead will eventually be banned so will just have to accept it . I will continue using lead until that date and then see what alternatives are available at that time...copper etc. From everything I have read copper works fine on foxes and deer and the ammo industry is developing new stuff all the time. Copper bullets believe it or not do not bounce off foxes or deer ??

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Surely we could continue to use lead on fox, crow etc. None food chain an all that. 

It's not the fact of not eating them [BANNED TEXT], ammo companies will stop their manufacture and concentrate on alternatives. 

13 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

It's not the fact of not eating them [BANNED TEXT], ammo companies will stop their manufacture and concentrate on alternatives. 

Yeah I know bud. I was just trying to be the voice of reason. 

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Like .22 rimfire bullets made out of compressed copper dust. Load of crap. Don’t know what the rws/norma offerings are like?

F55F16EA-70DA-4DE5-920E-FC926A758E22.jpeg

Edited by Dervburner