Wheaton or beddy...any thoughts?

Hello gents, new to the forum, although have been browsing over the years on and off so hopefully I can contribute something worthwhile. As the title says, Wheaton or beddy. I have access to a Saluki greyhound bitch that is very biddable, Lethal quick off the mark and proven herself over many seasons as a general all-rounder. Would like to take a pup from her and am considering going down a different route. Would like to add a good coat, a bit more fire and perhaps end up with something a bit more hardy to cope with the elements. Any thoughts? Have seen a few first X beddy greyhounds, but anyone have experience of a beddy over a Saluki greyhound or Wheaton for that matter?

Cheers in advance ?

1 hour ago, Runninghound said:

Hello gents, new to the forum, although have been browsing over the years on and off so hopefully I can contribute something worthwhile. As the title says, Wheaton or beddy. I have access to a Saluki greyhound bitch that is very biddable, Lethal quick off the mark and proven herself over many seasons as a general all-rounder. Would like to take a pup from her and am considering going down a different route. Would like to add a good coat, a bit more fire and perhaps end up with something a bit more hardy to cope with the elements. Any thoughts? Have seen a few first X beddy greyhounds, but anyone have experience of a beddy over a Saluki greyhound or Wheaton for that matter?

Cheers in advance ?

I’ll be after putting a beddy cross over my Saluki bitch next year. It would be good to see some  and what men have to say a bout ones they have seen work

I think you might bring the size down with either and strong built pups of the wheaton, there is a couple of lads on here have some nice size 5/8 3/8 beddie greyhounds of good size and speed might help you.Pm Tank43 or northerlite they will put you some pics up.

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 2

I'd go with bedy grey but I would I run dogs with beington in them ,I got first x bedy grey bitch and a saluki x bedy whippet who retired now but great dog in his day and took most stuff single handed ,I'm going to take a litter out my first x but thinking back to bedy grey or straight greyhound. 

20210330_115258.jpg

• Like 5

Tbh I don’t think it matters what you use to the saluki greyhound beddy x or Wheaton x both crosses will produce the same thing fire,coat but your also get the variation in litters unless going to straight Wheaton or straight beddy technically producing f1 base x sight hound were you can try to eliminate the variables. With saluki greyhound x beddy Lurcher or Wheaton Lurcher you could produce anything. thick set,fine built, smooth coat, rough coat, little,large, well constructed,poor constructed think you just gotta do it mate to find out if the breeding gels if it gels happy days if it don’t don’t revisit the chapter 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Runninghound said:

Cheers for the comments. Thinking to keep speed and size may be best putting a first X or half X over her. Just to find the right stud!

A lad I know  got a first x bedy grey out same litter as my bitch if your interested i can put you in touch with him if you like ? 

2 hours ago, lurchers said:

I think you might bring the size down with either and strong built pups of the wheaton, there is a couple of lads on here have some nice size 5/8 3/8 beddie greyhounds of good size and speed might help you.Pm Tank43 or northerlite they will put you some pics up.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, lurchers said:

Screenshot_20190927-104745_Photos.jpg.d3001733526acf8d54c03e80f4f59315.jpg20160710_085021.jpg.c18984f0cc9e625c3895d9cdd1d23727.jpg

• Like 8