season is done!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s it season is done for us now was meant to lamp tonight as the last one of the season but don’t know weather I can be bothered tbh looking forward to just chilling out now after work in the gard

My season was all but over by November ? On this site everyone seems to have an opinion on what stud dog should go over other peoples bitch's! As for speed, she is obviously fast enough if h

Great dogs best thing i done with my bitch paddy was just under 26tts as well added height and  speed 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, northern lad said:

Personally I'd put a good scratch dog over her...get a nice variation in pup sizes..

I gotta keep a bit of size my bitch is 23 3/4tts id be happy with her size again an a little more top end speed or up to 25tts I can’t be adding any more variables to the breeding if I can help it  there’s a good few generations of Lurcher to Lurcher breeding in there I wouldn’t want to add another Lurcher in there now in fear of to much cloddyness or adding a small sight hound in fear of producing small dogs that restrict me I gotta keep a dog with a bit of size ready for anything type of dog but not to big an not to small but even if I go to a greyhound I’ll get some variation but least I can have a little control over it 

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

A very good collie grey type all rounder. Superb dog. Flacko has his forums mixed up I think.

I wouldn’t want to add any collie blood at this time there’s to much in my bitches breeding she’s a proper 57 type I mean I’ve got 2-3yrs to decide the bitch is only 2yrs old now what direction to go in there’s no rush but think greyhound or possibly deerhound greyhound sounds like what I’d like to add as everything else seems in place for what I need  

• Like 1
14 hours ago, poxon said:

I wouldn’t want to add any collie blood at this time there’s to much in my bitches breeding she’s a proper 57 type I mean I’ve got 2-3yrs to decide the bitch is only 2yrs old now what direction to go in there’s no rush but think greyhound or possibly deerhound greyhound sounds like what I’d like to add as everything else seems in place for what I need  

I was chating to my uncul few week ago and we got on subject of putting my bitch to bedy grey ,he said whats the faffing point in that you already got one no lad way to go is Deerhound grey x collie grey or a straight hound ,

• Like 1

My season was all but over by November ?

On this site everyone seems to have an opinion on what stud dog should go over other peoples bitch's!

As for speed, she is obviously fast enough if her catch rate is good which will get better with age not worse as they have learned all the tricks of the trade. Some of the fastest lurchers I have owned and seen run were lurcher x lurcher.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, joe ox said:

My season was all but over by November ?

On this site everyone seems to have an opinion on what stud dog should go over other peoples bitch's!

As for speed, she is obviously fast enough if her catch rate is good which will get better with age not worse as they have learned all the tricks of the trade. Some of the fastest lurchers I have owned and seen run were lurcher x lurcher.

Should be better next season for ya joe??

that’s right joe they do an so they should as it’s a open site when people ask ask for opinions that’s what they expect people opinions even if they don’t like the opinions offered as it’s all food for thought on what direction to go in the only man that can say exactly what’s going over any bitch is the owner of said bitch. As you can guess I’ve pretty much made my mind up on what direction I’ll like to go in when the times right my own opinion is based on my own judgment on my bitch an knowing her breeding right back to 1986 on one side an knowing a lot of the breeding on the drakeford side of the breeding it’s been a lot of Lurcher to Lurcher breeding both sides have been ironed out with f1 bedlington greyhound on both sides before the dam an sire were paired to produce my bitch. like I’ve said I welcome any one’s opinions I take them on bored my opinion on using a straight greyhound may change but just handy to try an figure out what direction you think your going to need to travel in rather than leave it till last minute trying to find what you need when the time come I’m a long way off from any plans of breeding anything yet 2-3yrs time 

definitely fast enough for what I need at the minute but age will eventually catch up with her like it does to us all no tricks of the trade when putting a dog behind something with pace can compensate for pace unless it’s boxing it off but when being b line it needs pace that’s my opinion any how. An I agree some Lurcher to Lurcher breds can be fast but it’s the luck of the draw how genetics throws its like any scatter breeding 

3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I was chating to my uncul few week ago and we got on subject of putting my bitch to bedy grey ,he said whats the faffing point in that you already got one no lad way to go is Deerhound grey x collie grey or a straight hound ,

Gotta do what sits right with you mate tbh what ever way you go should be a handy enough cross ??