First young of the season

On 29/03/2021 at 18:43, Bangersanmash said:

Few young hatched today first this morning other at about tea time. Another one to hatch other two eggs where empty 

IMG_20210329_172509_HDR.jpg

Bullies?? and i sure miss this time of year in a aviary when it's about to kick off...

Edited by fireman
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, fireman said:

Bullies?? and i sure miss this time of year in a aviary when it's about to kick off...

No mate not bullys Irish fancy hen to a timbrado cock  Ive used. I'm trying to get the smaller bird like the irish but with the timbrado song hoping for a cock bird out of the three chicks ?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

No mate not bullys Irish fancy hen to a timbrado cock  Ive used. I'm trying to get the smaller bird like the irish but with the timbrado song hoping for a cock bird out of the three chicks ?

The blue egg threw me and the very best of luck in getting what you want mate,i like a small bird myself and did ok with some mules out of some free flying Irish hens in a mixed finch aviary.I once sat and watched 3 different finch type cocks birds tread one once one straight after the other the dirty slut :laugh:...

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Mate of mine has sisken ,bullies and chaffinch and wants a pair of greenfinch if anyone in the know .Wrong time of year granted but can only ask .

You been round my back yard lol that's what I've just bought in ? siskins bullys and a pair of chaffs. There's a few on bird trader and birdtrek greenfinches. Like you say bit late in season now makesure there 2020 birds he buys otherwise he might have a sorehead with buying other unwanted birds that have not been doing the job will already know that if he's a bird keeper and not a novice atb for him. Just been in this morning and all three chicks are doing well ?

IMG_20210331_090734_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210331_090727_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Nice mate .He’s after a tested pair tbh which will cost but he’s not one to shirk that or cut corners .Be goodies and redpolls next as he’s extending the place after this years breeding season .On another note ,another mate has just lost 15 adult birds to a rat that squeezed in under a roof tile we think .Felt was eaten underneath and bloody thing took them out nest boxes on eggs .I’ve now  caught a huge rat but too late .

• Like 1
4 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Nice mate .He’s after a tested pair tbh which will cost but he’s not one to shirk that or cut corners .Be goodies and redpolls next as he’s extending the place after this years breeding season .On another note ,another mate has just lost 15 adult birds to a rat that squeezed in under a roof tile we think .Felt was eaten underneath and bloody thing took them out nest boxes on eggs .I’ve now  caught a huge rat but too late .

Bad them rats one took my luttino  karkariki few years back pulled it through this hole all I could see were feathers up in the hole when shone the touch up b*****ds 

4 hours ago, talt said:

I miss the sound of the birds and all the different smells like the soft food,  shavings and the funny smell of the carophyl red colour feed in the water 

I've some egg food here by supablend smells like oranges could eat it myself and the grit the smell of aniseed ?