take them away

was out a walk today with the lurcher pup walked up a bridle path that goes round some sheep fields could see two dead sheep just inside the fence line about twenty yards into the field jumped over and had a look three foxes were lying near the sheep carcasses dead left where they had fallen when they where shot obviously the farmers been having problems with them and thats why hes put the sheep there for the lamping lads to shoot at night ive no problem with this at all but why cant they take the foxes away when they shoot them or chuck them out of sight in a gulley or a ditch this path is busy with walkers all day with this covid carry on i was there early in the morning and there was no body about just wish they would take them away out of sight it would save the shit show on social media and the papers if they did shootings already seen in a bad light

• Like 4

I would have thought that moving the carcasses was common practice 

and totally agree with you if they were shot by the lambing lads as you put it 

may be a word with the farmer would not go a miss , public relations and all that and save him hassle in the future 

Atb 

was thinking that myself mate going to speak to him about it when i see him about dont want to cause the lads any problems between the farmer and them but it really is just laziness leaving them lying where they fell because if the local dog walkers and the like see them it will be a shit show of epic proportions 100% 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

My guess was farmer likes to see the dead ones. To check job is being done and disposes of them. Had a guy years back used to ask me to leave them in gateways and he would pick up on morning rounds. 

used to do the same myself mate tie them on the gates with bailer twine its just with this covid carry on at the minute they are a lot more people about dog walkers and familys with kids ect

17 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Irrespective of the foxes, leaving fallen livestock in the field is illegal. You have to dispose of ASAP & deffo shouldn't be leaving as bait. He could kiss his red tractor goodbye too.

Feck me , the farmer who owns the land of our shoot leaves dead sheep lying about all over , surprised hes never been prosecuted. 

• Sad 1