3/4 bred collie cross

13 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Think some have a real dislike for f1s coz they won’t ever make show dogs ?

I don’t believe that’s the case mate most don’t have a dislike for f1s most just feel there’s more to be had from 1/4 bred or multi cross dogs. Surly you must feel the same your self from the direction you’d like to go in next or you wouldn’t want to go in that direction you’d stick to f1. It’s all about trailering the cross to suit one’s needs ??

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think hes reffering to working ones 

I know 

Curs were pastoral types. Cur is simply an abbreviation of curtailed i.e. tail was shortened so that (in the opinion of the gentry) they could herd livestock but not catch anything which "belonged" to

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

d ?

Do you think my dog would make a nice show dog mooch ?I’m game to ponce it in the ring for a laugh probably be the only dog in there that’s actually been worked this season but it’d be nice to represent the beddy cross class

1 minute ago, poxon said:

I don’t believe that’s the case mate most don’t have a dislike for f1s most just feel there’s more to be had from 1/4 bred or multi cross dogs. Surly you must feel the same your self from the direction you’d like to go in next or you wouldn’t want to go in that direction you’d stick to f1. It’s all about trailering the cross to suit one’s needs ??

An f1 will throw wide range variety if put to another f1 the point of breeding is to breed to type so a f1 bk to grey your 3/4 breed easier to breed to type hopefully kept all hunting ability and you’ve still got what you wanted adding coat feet etc from the none running dog ?? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Do you think my dog would make a nice show dog mooch ?I’m game to ponce it in the ring for a laugh probably be the only dog in there that’s actually been worked this season but it’d be nice to represent the beddy cross class

Seen loads a pics a muddy dogs this winter on here ? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

An f1 will throw wide range variety if put to another f1 the point of breeding is to breed to type so a f1 bk to grey your 3/4 breed easier to breed to type hopefully kept all hunting ability and you’ve still got what you wanted adding coat feet etc from the none running dog ?? 

Agreed I’d never breed f1 to f1 it wouldn’t be for me