• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think hes reffering to working ones 

I know 

Curs were pastoral types. Cur is simply an abbreviation of curtailed i.e. tail was shortened so that (in the opinion of the gentry) they could herd livestock but not catch anything which "belonged" to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

On a more surreptitious note me mate small Gary had 2 collie xs 1 a 34 grey 14 beard the other were half border half grey both were right good on rabbits an hares but mainly worked foxes 

They were hankooks ?

Quite a lot of people had a bit of success with handjob dogs over the years it’s the hate for his peddling ways that most including my self gauge him on his dogs in the 80s-90 were honest enough I know a good few people that had dogs from his kennels that worked well enough 

9 minutes ago, poxon said:

Quite a lot of people had a bit of success with handjob dogs over the years it’s the hate for his peddling ways that most including my self gauge him on his dogs in the 80s-90 were honest enough I know a good few people that had dogs from his kennels that worked well enough 

I thought they were the only 2

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, poxon said:

I've had 2, 18 years between them lol both were decent, the first got robbed just before his full potential, 2nd one was half decent, no world beater but a bitch that did a bit of everything decently and a pleasure to own.

Cheers, D.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Wideboy said:

Why do people refer to collies as curs? This word is from hunt kennels and hunting with hounds. Any dog breed that was not a hound breed was known as a cur. This is what I’ve been told since I’ve been a nipper from good hunting men and spending an awful lot of time around hunt kennels. I think the word is misunderstood. 

A cur is also a dog with no bottle 

1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

Defo I bet they would show well ?

Defo put on a good show in the field ?I wouldn’t know about the show ring but maybe add a bit of whippet an there be alright to ponce about the show ring ???