Strength of beer % preference

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4.5-5.5 for me

This seasons cider I knocked up about 6% which is quite nice I don’t really like much weaker than that but if you do go down the strong road you can’t neck them.

I like beer around the 5% mark - some of the really strong ones have a taste that I don't like.   Generally I prefer cider - Henry Westons is nice but, at just over 8% I don't have too many.

Posted Images

Just now, South hams hunter said:

4.5-5.5 for me

Same, when just having one in the local or at home.

There's a real ale bar I go to in the centre, sometimes they have dark beers (which I fuucking love lol) and they're usually between 10-15%... two pints is plenty ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

The BrewDogs ect are quite nice at around 5.5% 

Do you like them?

Tried a few, had a pleasant evening with a doris and the manager kept bringing over different samples, none of them floated my boat. 

Must admit to being a beer monster. As mentioned somewhere in here earlier I have a local brewer who literally makes what I want. The order generally, a brown beer at about 4.5/5.00 abc. He tries me on all sorts though an because I can have from 3ltrs to 70ltrs it isn’t a problem. A few of the guys slip round once or twice a week to make sure things are up to scratch. Consensus? Keep the really strong ales for an occasion and keep serving middle of the road. Tap house Brewery. Burton on Trent. Jok.

• Like 2

I make my own, from kits. Far too idle to fukking stand about, sparging my wort. Fukking Eight Hour Day knocking out a brew?! When would I get to drink it???

And, I really can't be arsed with even a Quarter of the 'Set In Stone Absolute RULES' that the Home Brew Community pass down in whispered tones.

Been at it far too long now to swallow their fear. I make my shit. I drink it. Tastes alright to me. Strength? No idea. It makes me increasingly 'Talkshitative', so it's something in there.

Kit tin's labelled " Stout ". 

TLDR? I drink beer the vast majority of my waking time. About the 5% mark seems to suit me.

• Like 2