Top Five Books?

43 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Blood meridian is pretty much how I imagine the reality of the American frontier was . 

have you read suttree? 

yes enjoyed sutree and all of the border trilogy ,child of gods another good one and no  country for old men ,and out of dark but funnily enough he is most famous for the road which is probably my least favourite of them all   

• Like 1

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat

Enid Blyton? " Nature Lovers Book Number 1: Rambles With Zacky The Gypsy " Never forgotten that one. Zacky, a bloke living on his own, who children could approach without anyone suggesting he was

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to th

Posted Images

6 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Is that judas pig any good,I heard about it and there's supposed to be a 2nd book that's even better

I enjoyed it I think, quite a while since I read it. Don't know about a second one 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Is that judas pig any good,I heard about it and there's supposed to be a 2nd book that's even better

You may find this of interest. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, greg64 said:

i think iv'e read everything cormack mcarthy has written blood meridian being my personal favourite and apparently he has two more books set for release in the near future which i'm looking forward to which i didn't expect as he must be in his late 80'smaybe 90's

The Passenger, and Stella Maris ,coming out in October, and November, 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, greg64 said:

yes enjoyed sutree and all of the border trilogy ,child of gods another good one and no  country for old men ,and out of dark but funnily enough he is most famous for the road which is probably my least favourite of them all   

I've read a couple of his books,all the pretty horses was my favourite one 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

I've read a couple of his books,all the pretty horses was my favourite one 

yes it's a good read that's the first book of the border trilogy ,the other two are excellent as well The crossing and cities of the plain

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, greg64 said:

yes it's a good read that's the first book of the border trilogy ,the other two are excellent as well The crossing and cities of the plain

if you like western adventure butchers crossing by john williams is a good read about a buffalo hunt in in a remote colorado valley another good one is  THE WILD WOOD BOYS  by james carlos blake about the civil wars guerrilla conflict along the Kansas - Missouri borderland

Edited by greg64
  • Like 2
48 minutes ago, greg64 said:

if you like western adventure butchers crossing by john williams is a good read about a buffalo hunt in in a remote colorado valley another good one is  THE WILD WOOD BOYS  by james carlos blake about the civil wars guerrilla conflict along the Kansas - Missouri borderland

Butchers crossing is a good book 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Very good. The follow up is called The Charity Committee, not sure it was ever released, but it exists (ive read it) in pdf form. Where is the author now though?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Waz said:

Very good. The follow up is called The Charity Committee, not sure it was ever released, but it exists (ive read it) in pdf form. Where is the author now though?

Yeah I heard about it and that it's about a grand to buy a copy because no bookshop will sell it because they get burnt out for selling it