Top Five Books?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat

Enid Blyton? " Nature Lovers Book Number 1: Rambles With Zacky The Gypsy " Never forgotten that one. Zacky, a bloke living on his own, who children could approach without anyone suggesting he was

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to th

Posted Images

Tats; If you're even Thinking About hesitating to read 'Bury My Heart', then you clearly haven't been reading this thread.

" Hiroshima ", I read at school. Fukk sake. Doctor, walking along a hospital corridor, examining notes on his clip board. Just gets level with a concrete pillar and it's like something out of a Queen song.

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Tats; If you're even Thinking About hesitating to read 'Bury My Heart', then you clearly haven't been reading this thread.

" Hiroshima ", I read at school. Fukk sake. Doctor, walking along a hospital corridor, examining notes on his clip board. Just gets level with a concrete pillar and it's like something out of a Queen song.

The book has come to my attention due to this thread Ken so more than likely I will get it I have numerous books downloaded on my kindle that I have not got round to reading yet life for me at the minute reading has become less than I would like.

• Like 1

Dido; This one's a fukking belter!!! I've had some that are completely unbearable! " Saigon ", unfortunately, was one such!

Narrator was trying to leap around between four voices in one paragraph. One of them being a fukking woman! Urgh! I don't think I lasted a chapter! It was Dire!

BMH though is fukking great! American, older bloke. Got a good voice and reads extremely fluently. When he quotes someone, he speaks with his normal voice.

As an aside; Anyone more au fait than I, around this Amazon Audible thing? Only, I'm wondering if I can download this and pass it along, by email?

So how does it work? You down load to phone and listen on there? 

I collect old books so always ssid I'd never have a kindle. Then I I started using one I'd bought the Mrs....its fckin great. Finish one book and a simple click and I have another instantly. I do 1-2 a week 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

So how does it work? You down load to phone and listen on there? 

I collect old books so always ssid I'd never have a kindle. Then I I started using one I'd bought the Mrs....its fckin great. Finish one book and a simple click and I have another instantly. I do 1-2 a week 

Same here must have over 300 books some with sentimental value like the readers digest bird book bought for my 10th birthday as you get older though you start wondering what will happen to them all when you pop your clogs. Lol

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Same here must have over 300 books some with sentimental value like the readers digest bird book bought for my 10th birthday as you get older though you start wondering what will happen to them all when you pop your clogs. Lol

Exactly that! I've got loads, some signed, told my Mrs if I die to pm Sid G to sell them for me 

Cheers, D.

• Haha 3
On 25/03/2021 at 09:56, Greb147 said:

After reading Stiff and Ken's review. 

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. 

Hiroshima: a 1946 award winning book that follows the lives of 6 individuals who survived the atomic bomb. 

H is for Hawk: another award winning book where the author recounts the difficult task of training a Goshawk in the wake of her fathers sudden death. 

I just bought Bury my heart too. Read H is for Hawk a few years back, couldn't decide what I thought if it 

• Like 1