• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat

Enid Blyton? " Nature Lovers Book Number 1: Rambles With Zacky The Gypsy " Never forgotten that one. Zacky, a bloke living on his own, who children could approach without anyone suggesting he was

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to th

Posted Images

On 25/03/2021 at 11:26, tatsblisters said:

Mr Nice is a cracking read.

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat on the next table to me at the Red Dragon hotel in Swansea for breakfast and a couple of times after in airports once at Gatwick and once in Cuba, I’m sure when we were queuing up at immigration in Cuba he pulled one off one of his distraction scams where he drops a load of change on the floor if you’ve read his books you will know what I mean.

And this fine lady wrote a great book called spilling the beans she had a very interesting background her father was the Queens Surgeon a great loss to country sports when she passed.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat on the next table to me at the Red Dragon hotel in Swansea for breakfast and a couple of times after in airports once at Gatwick and once in Cuba, I’m sure when we were queuing up at immigration in Cuba he pulled one off one of his distraction scams where he drops a load of change on the floor if you’ve read his books you will know what I mean.

And this fine lady wrote a great book called spilling the beans she had a very interesting background her father was the Queens Surgeon a great loss to country sports when she passed.

I was lucky enough to meet her briefly, a top old girl.

Id have happily spent and evening with her, you could just tell she would be great company ?

• Like 1

Books...

Nathan - DBP

Crazy From The Heat - DLR

Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee - GG

Cider With Rosie -LL

Kes - BH

Come Dawn Come Dusk & Green And Pleasant Land - NM (can't choose between the two!)

23 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Cider with Rosie ..is a beautifully written book ,and Bury my heart at wounded knee is a classic ,...Nathan seems popular on here .....but I think it's more to do with the subject matter than how good it is .

I'd agree with that, though it's certainly not badly written... ?

16 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Met her quite a few times at Old Yorkshire ‘she always made a beeline to have a craic with our lot .

Loved down to earth types ‘ salt of the earth sort herself .

Another who loved our lot is Sir Mark Prescott’ us smoking Rollups him a Cigar.

I will be honest ‘ vast majority of them so called Lardy Dars were sound on the coursing field .

Found them types to be sound tbh it's the tenbob millionaires that have been different. My cousin and a few lads from this neck of the woods used to beat for the old Yorkshire cc.