Top Five Books?

really like Bill brysons books..ive only read 3 and theres a good few....hes a travel auther but very witty....im also with DC on the mr nice ....read 3 of his a well very good books

hunting books i like our very own OldPhil's books very good full of great info and pics  ...and of course the old bugger has been out a few times with us...always a good day out..

• Haha 1

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat

Enid Blyton? " Nature Lovers Book Number 1: Rambles With Zacky The Gypsy " Never forgotten that one. Zacky, a bloke living on his own, who children could approach without anyone suggesting he was

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to th

Posted Images

Just now, TOMO said:

really like Bill brysons books..ive only read 3 and theres a good few....hes a travel auther but very witty....im also with DC on the mr nice ....read 3 of his a well very good books

hunting books i like our very own OldPhil's books very good full of great info and pics  ...and of course the old bugger has been out a few times with us...always a good day out..

Bill Bryson is always worth a read .

• Like 3

The flashman series by George Mcdonald fraser. The one where he works on a slave ship got me hooked 

Death in the afternoon by Ernest hemmingway 

I read a lot but they are the only ones I return to. 

• Like 1

Lord of the Rings -Tolkien

Just brilliant, read it 3 or 4 times now, read it to both of my kids... as a story I can't think of anything more complex or as well written

Shoe Dog - Phil King

The autobiography of Phil King, founder of Nike... I loved his bollocks, brave in his decisions, risked everything...and f**k did it pay off!! Lol

Dream Fishing - Trevor Housby

Its part fishing, part travel, every location, story is the stuff of dreams and he lived it...from landing on an abandoned air strip in Mexico, walking to the sea beside and catching a spinner shark whilst he waited for his connecting flight to some remote mangrove swamp to catch other exotics... the life I want to live!! Lol great pics as well...

Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

On holiday in Portugal, and found it on the shelf of our holiday home, couldn't put it down...Read a few more Dan Brown books since and they are good but not lived up to that one for me.

I'm with Stiff on music books, can't pick between Slash autobiography, nicky sixx Herion Diaries, Tommy Lee etc also Roger Daltrey autobiography was good.

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

“bury my heart at wounded knee” by Dee brown 

few books affected me like this . A must read for anyone .

? Damnit, Stiff! This was the very book that inspired this bloody thread!!!

Chube throws me a lot of Native American based stuff. Just recently, we had a " Custers Last Complete Fukking Military Abortion " spate.

But, yeah! Fetterman? Sand Creek? Agreements, written and signed by 'The Great White Father' on fukking loo roll? Jesus fukking christ, yeah! Absolutely Required Reading!

I listened to, I think it was Sitting Bull, the other night. Describing LBH from Their perspective! It was fukking great! Basically boiled down to:

'Ol' Custer and his crew fukked up big time, there! Picked on the wrong boys. We split up into three lots. Thousands of Very angry indians in each. One of us took Custers arse to the cleaners. Then handed it back to him on a plate! Kunt! ' ?

I didn't want to make it seem like I only ever read books as thick as a wall brick ? But, yeah, " Bury My Heart " is an Absolute!

Another one I'd personally guarantee is Tolstoy's " Victims Of Yalta ". Absolutely fukking heart breaking! A little trinket of our proud history no fukka likes to talk about any more.

My mates BIL was set to guard the cattle trucks. He actually Saw guys slitting their wives and children's throats!!! ?

• Like 1
Just now, sid g said:

any of these if your into music books ... 71CQJK3VHPL._SX293_BO1,204,203,200_.gifGood-Barefaced-Lies-and-Boogie-Woogie-Boasts-Paperback-Jools-Holland-HarrieDear Boy By Tony Fletcher

Thanks mate..

Read the Keith Moon one, very good.. 

Mrs got me the Debbie Harry book for Christmas, but I got bored halfway through...

Enjoyed that bomber Herol Graham book you sent me down, got quite a few boxing and football biographies...

• Like 1