Dogs and cancer?

2 hours ago, terryd said:

Well the results came back and it is either a knock which he hasn't had a collision for some time and no pain or it is the big C.
So a 100 quid to tell me nothing. They think it is the big c but not the type to spread much. No idea how they figured that out. So I said to the vet I would leave it then and she said it may spread to the muscles in his leg and cause him issues.
Basically 700 quid to get it off or more if its all ready growing into the muscles so she is pushing to cut it off. 
I just don't know whats best. Don't begrudge him a penny but do begrudge throwing money away and putting him under the knife needlessly when his either going to be ok or not regardless mmmmm 
It's about the size of a duck egg and doesn't seem to be getting bigger and his happy as larry. Ferk knows 

Can they not tell if it deffo is cancer or not

when my Nell was diagnosed with cushings , she  swelled like terrible, but no pain or discomfort , not that i could see anyroads, 

then one day early morning, i let her go outside fer a wee, i watched her like a hawk, i only had her best interest at heart, she came back indoors 

i picked her up took her the vets,   that was it, no way on gods earth was i willing to let her suffer for my selfishness, i didnt want to part with her pure and simple, so terry you say the lump isnt getting any bigger, so heres your answer, just keep your eyes on him, hang on if he dereorates you will know what to do

atb 

• Like 6
Just now, iworkwhippets said:

when my Nell was diagnosed with cushings , she  swelled like terrible, but no pain or discomfort , not that i could see anyroads, 

then one day early morning, i let her go outside fer a wee, i watched her like a hawk, i only had her best interest at heart, she came back indoors 

i picked her up took her the vets,   that was it, no way on gods earth was i willing to let her suffer for my selfishness, i didnt want to part with her pure and simple, so terry you say the lump isnt getting any bigger, so heres your answer, just keep your eyes on him, hang on if he dereorates you will know what to do

atb 

should have said she hobbled back indoors on three legs 

14 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Can they not tell if it deffo is cancer or not

Not with out it costing hundreds she said. We were out tonight in some woods he was working flat out casting for scent. Such full on fella. Mad moment then storming round a field like a 6 month old, She did say the test showed either healing muscle or cancer and thinking about he was out lamping 2 weeks ago on a slope. Just have to see how we go I guess 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, terryd said:

Not with out it costing hundreds she said. We were out tonight in some woods he was working flat out casting for scent. Such full on fella. Mad moment then storming round a field like a 6 month old, She did say the test showed either healing muscle or cancer and thinking about he was out lamping 2 weeks ago on a slope. Just have to see how we go I guess 

I would leave him be ,so many people have it cut out only for it come back not long after if it is that ,let's hope its not mate and it fecks off 

• Like 2
On 31/03/2021 at 20:21, Black neck said:

I would leave him be ,so many people have it cut out only for it come back not long after if it is that ,let's hope its not mate and it fecks off 

+ 2 , hope he ok terry , i know he been bit to full on at times for  you, but i rather have that, than a dog 1/2 soaked at the job, Buck been a mad twat over  the years still is when behind his quarry , but he 9 in august started to age now . enjoy him terry  why you have him mate .!

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, bird said:

+ 2 , hope he ok terry , i know he been bit to full on at times for  you, but i rather have that, than a dog 1/2 soaked at the job, Buck been a mad twat over  the years still is when behind his quarry , but he 9 in august started to age now . enjoy him terry  why you have him mate .!

True enough Ray 

I don't envy your position Terry, hope its trauma. If its surgery then it may well need to be quiet aggressive to try to ensure they get it all. 

Some good info here.

WWW.NDSR.CO.UK

What is a soft tissue sarcoma? Soft tissue sarcoma (STS) is an umbrella term for a group of tumours that arise from the skin and subcutaneous connective tissues...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...