• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4grey-1/4 wheatan, just had a litter sired by a pure deerhound; Two of the pups that have caught my eye; Cheers.

If you're looking to keep the same size and speed, why put anything else, other than another deer/grey into the mix ? Cheers.

Wheaton/bull greys both over 26tts

Posted Images

Seen and owned a few dogs with a fair amount of Deerhound blood in them and all the best ones also had a good drop of collie blood too.

So i'd be looking at a Deerhound Grey x Collie Grey before anything else.. 

On 26/03/2021 at 09:44, TOMO said:

im only joking of course...a bit of sal blood can be great in lurchers ...

funnily enough max had a bitch that was deer/grey x pure sal...she looked a big hound with good bone and good feet

A mate of mine bred his 1st cross deer/grey bitch to tor of dartmoor.  A more useless litter I've never seen.

And his first cross deer/grey bitch, dam of said pups, was very useful. ?‍♂️

Edited by shaaark
9 hours ago, shaaark said:

A mate of mine bred his 1st cross deer/grey bitch to tor of dartmoor.  A more useless litter I've never seen.

wonder if it was the same litter.....max's was out of tor of dartmoor??....would be around 25-30 year ago

• Like 1
9 hours ago, shaaark said:

Goes to show you what can be produced even off these top named workers,

IMO adding terrier into the mix will only improve the DH side. A big quarter bred bitch, as DC said bull & or wheaton. Keep the biggest pups, if they prove themselves put them back to the same line of deerhound blood then after. Keep the height, good coat just adding terrier mind set. Sounds good on paper anyway. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, ijf said:

IMO adding terrier into the mix will only improve the DH side. A big quarter bred bitch, as DC said bull & or wheaton. Keep the biggest pups, if they prove themselves put them back to the same line of deerhound blood then after. Keep the height, good coat just adding terrier mind set. Sounds good on paper anyway. 

Terrier mind set is a beautiful thing in any Lurcher cross id not be without terrier blood in any lurcher x I keep now 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

wonder if it was the same litter.....max's was out of tor of dartmoor??....would be around 25-30 year ago

About then yes.  Could well be, did he get his pup from south wales?

Yep, near enough 30 years ago.

Edited by shaaark