• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4grey-1/4 wheatan, just had a litter sired by a pure deerhound; Two of the pups that have caught my eye; Cheers.

If you're looking to keep the same size and speed, why put anything else, other than another deer/grey into the mix ? Cheers.

Wheaton/bull greys both over 26tts

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

I do wonder, there were a couple of people here with them and they were more than good for pest control of bigger game, and they came back, lol.

Lol ask yourself why they don’t come back lol 

only time worst thing with good coursing bred is not getting to kill before they spot another but 3 from one slip 10 mins a running you wouldn’t get from anything else lol

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Kingofthelamp said:

In my experience I’ve seen and heard of saluki dogs taking teeth and leaving it off not able for the dirty work and for deer dogs if they got a kick of a red or even fallow they wouldn’t be deer dogs for long ?

Experience lol get a coursing bred for daytime you’ll be able to slip from further than your light force goes lol 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

No saluki blood? These dogs would clean up mobs of roos and then just all back in the truck, they used to take out a dozen dogs at a time.

Sound like lads here with bull xs ? 

Slipping mobbed up out back a truck on something that has 2 legs runs 30 mph is like shooting fish in a barrel lol ?? 

3 hours ago, lurchers said:

I would be putting it back to a deerhound greyhound either same way bred or 3/4,I wouldn’t put a dum thing like a saluki into anything to be honest.Just invade the pups throw back to that ignorant stubborn plodding crap of the saluki.

It teks a reyt dog man to get the best out of a Saluki 

Just now, mC HULL said:

Sound like lads here with bull xs ? 

Slipping mobbed up out back a truck on something that has 2 legs runs 30 mph is like shooting fish in a barrel lol ?? 

Lol, roos are more dangerous than pigs for dogs and more like 40 plus mph. They can gut dogs when on the ground.

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

Lol, roos are more dangerous than pigs for dogs and more like 40 plus mph. They can gut dogs when on the ground.

Good job you got plenty then ? so these dogs what about 500 yd slip one dog what would happen ?? 

50 minutes ago, Kingofthelamp said:

In my experience I’ve seen and heard of saluki dogs taking teeth and leaving it off not able for the dirty work and for deer dogs if they got a kick of a red or even fallow they wouldn’t be deer dogs for long ?

That's what spoilt my deerhound x I think a fallow stag gave her good clip she was never the same again tbh. 

On 23/03/2021 at 18:12, chartpolski said:

The bitch was sired by the Irish coursing dog Mafi Magic, she's not big, around 55-60 lb.

Cheers.

What work have they both done? 

Mafi Magic was a racing dog wasn't he.?

Edited by mush