After some help with permission or helping clear up some pests. cheers guys

•  

Hello I am from the Liverpool area and would be interested to give some one a hand to take out some pests pigeon rabbit crow rats etc with a couple of my air rifles. 
I am new to the site so just after either. Giving some one a helping hand or will offer my help. Cheers I would be highly appreciated

Edited by Herron2019
  • Whispering Whiskey 66 changed the title to After some help with permission or helping clear up some pests. cheers guys

1 hour ago, Herron2019 said:

What’s funny? Why are people on here like this.. it was just a genuine question.  Not like hello mate how are you.. as a new member. To many critics but ye cheers Villaman 

Just that this is asked on here all the time mostly by new members

strait off the bat

get to know some of the lads first join in on some of the threads and oce the lads get to know you better and can trust you some may offer to take you out

Or dress smartly and do like the rest of us do and knock on doors some land owners will tell you to ****off

but some may take your phone no and all ways be polite even if they tell you to ***off

Land owners and farmers talk to each other

and dont ever take your rifle with you when knocking get some cards made up and pass them on if there not in post them along with a letter asking for permision you can find the letter on here in one of the air gun sections ready to print off

What you have to remember the lads like mitch (vman) are very protective of there perms as i am my self

we work hard to get them and even harder to keep them .

Good luck ether way Herron

atvbjimmy

O and vman is just a twat

some thing you will get used to on this forum lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Herron2019 said:

What’s funny? Why are people on here like this.. it was just a genuine question.  Not like hello mate how are you.. as a new member. To many critics but ye cheers Villaman 

Don’t take it the wrong way Herron, plenty of tongue in cheek banter on here fella. Stick with it and enjoy the forum, there’s some really good helpful members on here................. and me as well ??

• Like 2

Knocking on doors is the best way.

Get yourself some mole traps and learn to catch moles - a piece of piss once you suss it out, then offer your services as a mole catcher - much easier to get onto peoples land than being a gun wielding unknown quantity.

Once your there, and trust has been established, offer to do the moles for nothing in return for the shooting permission. You'll soon have perms coming out your ears.

Good luck matey.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Just that this is asked on here all the time mostly by new members

strait off the bat

get to know some of the lads first join in on some of the threads and oce the lads get to know you better and can trust you some may offer to take you out

Or dress smartly and do like the rest of us do and knock on doors some land owners will tell you to ****off

but some may take your phone no and all ways be polite even if they tell you to ***off

Land owners and farmers talk to each other

and dont ever take your rifle with you when knocking get some cards made up and pass them on if there not in post them along with a letter asking for permision you can find the letter on here in one of the air gun sections ready to print off

What you have to remember the lads like mitch (vman) are very protective of there perms as i am my self

we work hard to get them and even harder to keep them .

Good luck ether way Herron

atvbjimmy

O and vman is just a twat

some thing you will get used to on this forum lol

Cheers mate ?

5 hours ago, Herron2019 said:

Sorry for being blunt , but you need to gain trust with shooters . No one is going to take anybody out with out getting knowing them first

you haven’t really introduced your self , stating your shooting background, experience, with guns , how long you have been shooting, have you FAC . It would go’s long way if we knew a bit about you 

. We have all done the leg work knocking on doors and trying to sell one self .

you will need to have insurance , it shows that you are a responsible shooter . May be instead of asking to help and shoot pest , try asking , is it ok for me to tag along as I would like learn a bit more as I would like to shoot pest in the future 

Any how , welcome to this great forum and we do take the piss out of each other , so don’t take it to seriously :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ok thanks for your replies... here goes. My name is Jamie and I am 30 years of age (male) from Walton Liverpool, I have owned and kept air rifles since 12 years of age always been in to springers mainly, at the minute I own a hw 95k hw 97 and a old school hw80. Am not a FAC holder. I have never had permission when shooting other then I had a allotment for 3 years had some great days on there shooting rats and plenty of magpies, I no longer have it as I have gave it up, as I am just in the middle of a break up going through a rough time hence the fact am on here trying to meet new people and take my mind off some things. So yes guys thought would be a great idea to try and dust the guns off as well  as my self and meet new people and hopefully new friendships?

Edited by Herron2019
  • Like 4

Hello Jmie and a warm welcome to the mad house. If you sty here it is more than likely you will have the p1ss taken and called a few nice names BUT we have great banter and those who stick with it will be part of the best forum out there.

Now...................if you haven not got a 3C membership card showing your details, order one as it is then in your pocket and can be shown straight away.  There is no easy way to get a perm but I am a big believer in asking everyone you know......family, friends, people in the pub, workmates or anyone you can think of who may know a land owner and go for rats,  feral pigeons and corvids (not covid) or in other words the things that most shotgun shooters don't want.  Think outside the box, industrial estates, churches, allotments etc and if you just keep at it, sooner or later you will get lucky. I got my first perm from a builder who was working on my house and out of the blue he said his brother had a farm...........250 acres and off we go.  Referals will get you more and more land providing you do a good job. My buddy and myself have just over 9000 acres and most of that is from referals.

Good luck

Phil

• Like 1

Cheers for that Phil very useful information I have taken that on board and will Be out the weekend with my best outfit on doing door to door knocking ? I did have a allotment last year but I had to Give it up had some Great sport on there. But villa man told me about a different insurance so I cancelled the one I bought and purchased BASA instead ?

Welcome Jamie :thumbs:

All I can add to what's already been said is, it's often not about what you know but, who you know.

.......... try visiting a few local farm shops - they love a good chin wag, strike up a conversation while you're buying some sausages. Build a bit of trust and drop it into the conversation. 

Good luck.

• Like 1