Working whippet

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I introduced my young lurcher earlier today I thought I’d introduce my Old dog who’s a pure whippet. He was my first real working dog and we’ve learned a lot together, he’s not perfect by any me

Nice wee dog. Reminds me of the whippet I had about ten years or so ago. Punched seriously above his weight and flew into everything from foxes to fallow bucks with great gusto. Hunted hard and had ze

Smashing wee jukels? We all had whippets in the 1970's,...great dogs for the rabbits and pheasants... I still remember the morning when we were ferreting roadside, in Winchester,..I heard a

Posted Images

Judging by the prices they are fetching the vast majority are well out the price range of most mortals . now I have semi retired was looking at getting a pair of working peds or working non peds and getting back into the d ferreting lamping . But due to the covid tax which seems to have been lumped onto everything will put it off a while . Sad thing thing is when everything starts to regain some resemblance of normality the pounds homes etc are going to be full of dogs .

• Sad 1

pnice little dog, was it a ped whippet ? or none ped whippet ?  i had none ped whippet bitch  20 in 20lb , won  few races with her down the track  in the west mids  cannock  , some males there got to 22 in 34 lb , they pile into foxes no pro , very game little dogs, yeh the dog prices is fookin joke   £ 1 grand  for a jack Russell   or whippet , bloody lurchers are getting daft prices as well, the dog pounds will like been  full like been said on here,  you pay £ 400 quid for a  dog or pup there , i think 200- 250 quid fair price for lurcher or terrier  today , as long as it goes to good home and gets bit of work, that should be the only thing in the breeds mind i reckon .!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bird said:

pnice little dog, was it a ped whippet ? or none ped whippet ?  i had none ped whippet bitch  20 in 20lb , won  few races with her down the track  in the west mids  cannock  , some males there got to 22 in 34 lb , they pile into foxes no pro , very game little dogs, yeh the dog prices is fookin joke   £ 1 grand  for a jack Russell   or whippet , bloody lurchers are getting daft prices as well, the dog pounds will like been  full like been said on here,  you pay £ 400 quid for a  dog or pup there , i think 200- 250 quid fair price for lurcher or terrier  today , as long as it goes to good home and gets bit of work, that should be the only thing in the breeds mind i reckon .!

He’s a ped whippet. Still got him, he’s 8 year old and 21tts. He’s Still putting plenty to rest I just don’t do as much with him now as iv got my young dog to bring on. But he still sees his fair share of game ?...

yes dog prices are horrendous, Iv seen whippets from working stock advertised for £3500 ? I’m not even sure if dog prices will drop much now that people have had a sniff of good money, just gotta hope people you know will do right by you and sell you a dog at a sensible price.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Snapdogs said:

He’s a ped whippet. Still got him, he’s 8 year old and 21tts. He’s Still putting plenty to rest I just don’t do as much with him now as iv got my young dog to bring on. But he still sees his fair share of game ?...

yes dog prices are horrendous, Iv seen whippets from working stock advertised for £3500 ? I’m not even sure if dog prices will drop much now that people have had a sniff of good money, just gotta hope people you know will do right by you and sell you a dog at a sensible price.

He looks a cracking little thing. I think prices are going to stay hi. Saying that there are still plenty of decent dog people out there that will gift or sell for a sensible amount. 

• Like 1

I don't think prices will ever go back to what they were. vast majority of whippets, lurchers go to pet homes and they seem prepared to pay it. as people that work them we are very much the minority. 

• Like 3