11 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

I see no benefit to gibbets these days. 

Those in the know, know.

No one else needs to see it.

Aye well, of course, i get , where your coming from,..but, does that also mean the practise, should now be prohibited ?

Edited by earth-thrower

1 hour ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

I see no benefit to gibbets these days. 

Those in the know, know.

No one else needs to see it.

Quite so. And those disgusting Butchers Shops? They should have their windows blacked out. Snide entrances, 'Round the back'. Known to only the disgusting Untermensch who revel in such perverse, archaic and disgusting practices as slavering on flesh of fellow sentient beings.

Am I doing this right, LOJ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

And another thing - I was on a FB group the other day and a lad posted up a picture of a mole that had been trapped by the wrist - blood and all.

We all know that unfortunately foul catches occasionally happen, but to my mind, uploading images of carnage (especially where it is obvious that the animal must have suffered) to the internet is self destructive to those of us who enjoy the rural life and make a living out of trapping.

If the Anti brigade start lobbying parliament with such pictures then I can see mole trapping being banned outright.

• Like 2

I would never start a gibbet in general and I think practical countryside management needs a good pr overall and I agree the Internet is the devil. But....ive always been OK with hanging moles on a fence as there is a real reason for doing it. The farm staff around here are shitbags and are murder for amusing themselves by starting rumours....."how much did you pay dido? Funny how Mr so and so had the same bill, those moles have been cashed in 20 times this year, old so and so marked one with paint did you hear". So I always had a rule that the moles stayed on the fence of the farm they were caught in. We are really on the edge of towns here and I never actually had any issues or complaints at all. 

It's finding a balence between good standards and not hiding what we do. If we hide it then I find long term people find it more shocking and cause more issues long term when they do stumble upon it. 

I'm not saying I had the balence correct with hanging thousands of moles across Lancashire obviously ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

And another thing - I was on a FB group the other day and a lad posted up a picture of a mole that had been trapped by the wrist - blood and all.

We all know that unfortunately foul catches occasionally happen, but to my mind, uploading images of carnage (especially where it is obvious that the animal must have suffered) to the internet is self destructive to those of us who enjoy the rural life and make a living out of trapping.

If the Anti brigade start lobbying parliament with such pictures then I can see mole trapping being banned outright.

"If the Anti brigade start lobbying parliament with such pictures then i can see mole trapping being banned outright" ,....Well, am not as concerned as i once was, perhaps, about the anti brigades, lobbying ,etc,....a mean if a government, can decide to approve the LARGE SCALE SLAUGHTER ,? of what WAS, one of our most protected wild mammals, the badger,.....you have to question how much 'clout' the overall movement, actually has, when it comes down to it ?

Edited by earth-thrower
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I would never start a gibbet in general and I think practical countryside management needs a good pr overall and I agree the Internet is the devil. But....ive always been OK with hanging moles on a fence as there is a real reason for doing it. The farm staff around here are shitbags and are murder for amusing themselves by starting rumours....."how much did you pay dido? Funny how Mr so and so had the same bill, those moles have been cashed in 20 times this year, old so and so marked one with paint did you hear". So I always had a rule that the moles stayed on the fence of the farm they were caught in. We are really on the edge of towns here and I never actually had any issues or complaints at all. 

It's finding a balence between good standards and not hiding what we do. If we hide it then I find long term people find it more shocking and cause more issues long term when they do stumble upon it. 

I'm not saying I had the balence correct with hanging thousands of moles across Lancashire obviously ?

Aye, the farm boys,...lol  theres another moley appears with the quad, on my patch, every year,..  & they try and 'stir' & wind me up, etc.... "He doesnt need to come up this far, near you, etc, do you want us to puncture his tyres, or start nicking his mole traps" ?   ? (im still on foot, like) lol,.....a says " NO, a f****n dont !!, what do you think , i am ?",....(they would do it , an all ! ?)  the guys entitled to work , just the same as me, & he isnt deliberately trying to 'stand on my toes' or anything,  lol.