I cut it to long as well because I'd just pulled the grass up with my hands rather than using a trowel so I just seal it at each end then wedge the sides. 

IMG_20210322_112254.jpg

IMG_20210322_112313.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Ye reset any? Where they coming from? 

I found tampin down the run floor an sides like you did with t bar or spade handle made a huge difference, it’s a real handy tip? 

Yeah reset 3 on fence line. Surrounding fields are full of em so I offered to show em how to set a trap so they could do it themselves but they weren't that interested....so stuff em. I'll tell em £10 a mole and catch a few every now and again. I pass it regularly 

• Like 3

Sometimes with a little probing you can find areas where the tunnel base is over harder ground and that is a good place to put a trap. Also, if you are not using a tool to cut the soil open and using your hands it pays to unroll the turf both ways from the middle where you make the initial opening. That way you can roll it back over the end of the trap if you have opened it out too much.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Do you leave em on fence it just for pic, iv always like idea of fence, but not many customers do?

looks like your getting a few there, you trapping connector runs?

Just trapping round patches of activity. Loads in surrounding fields so they will be back. 

I hang my farm moles on the fence so farmers know I'm not charging numerous farms for the same moles. The farmers aren't bothered it's normally the farm staff just taking the micky...so I always hung em on the fence of the farm I caught em on to stop rumours. 

I don't do farm moles anymore. This is a scout field. I've just hung these on the fence to piss off all the walkers and townies 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

WWW.GLOUCESTERSHIRELIVE.CO.UK

A sign will be put up asking people not to string the dead mammals up

Ignorant, Plods, again, ffs !,....Far, as im aware, it isnt illegal, & these obvious half - wits in uniform, have no authority, to try & insist on this. They need to consult, with their own 'wildlife liason officer' (which should put them right,...although probably just as 'thick' , regarding the matter, i would bet ?) for a start !,... I really hope the said 'catcher' carries on, regardless !!

Edited by earth-thrower