H&N ftt’s at fac speeds

I thought I’d try these in the impact .22 as I had a few left. These were the 5.53 head size. I tried them on minimum power setting and at 840 FPS just over 22 ft lbs they were shooting half inch at 45 yards so not bad. I thought I’d turn the power up a couple of settings at power 1 about 24.5 ft lbs, again, they were fairly accurate. That’s about as fast as they liked as on power 2 at 900 FPS / 26.2 ft lb they opened up to over an inch. So, they seem ok up to around 850/860 FPS. If anybody’s still reading this drivel I finished with a bit of 90 yard plinking with jsb 18.1’s on power 4 / 34.5 ish ft lbs.

694AA926-9652-4CC3-91EE-DCF2174361CA.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villaman said:

Have you tried H&N new 18 g yet ?

If you mean the baracuda 18’s, I haven’t tried them. I just found a tin of ftt’s and thought I’d try them to see if they were accurate at higher speed than a 12ft lb rifle velocity. I didn’t expect good results with them to be honest. It seems they’re ok at mid twenties ft lb but start to go off at about 27 ish. I did turn it up to about 40 and they were all over the place. The baracuda 18’s would be interesting and probably better in fac?

Hi Dervburner

I shoot a wonderful 23 year old HW80 .22 on my ticket at about 22 ft/lbs and it loves H&N FTT 5.53. I zero my scope at 25 meters range and use the faster speed to hit rabbits clean through the head at normal range distances before they can bolt clear as they can with sub 12ft/lbs. 22.

What rifle are you using with these pellets?

Best regards

Simon/Pianoman. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, pianoman said:

Hi Dervburner

I shoot a wonderful 23 year old HW80 .22 on my ticket at about 22 ft/lbs and it loves H&N FTT 5.53. I zero my scope at 25 meters range and use the faster speed to hit rabbits clean through the head at normal range distances before they can bolt clear as they can with sub 12ft/lbs. 22.

What rifle are you using with these pellets?

Best regards

Simon/Pianoman. 

FX Impact Simon ??

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Dervburner said:

FX Impact Simon ??

My apologies Dervburner.

I read your noted rifle only after I posted the thing up. Bit worrying as I never miss details like this.... usually. 

I've already started reaching the top of my stairs now and wondering, what the bloody hell did I come up for???? 

Best regards Dervburner.

Simon

• Haha 3