New NV scope

Has anyone on here used a Yukon photon? They’re reasonably cheap used and I was thinking of putting one on a .22 for night time rabbits. I realise that they aren’t the latest technology, but for a couple of hundred to put on a .22, worth it?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with your choices are they aren't manufactured for what we do. They are low mag (base) and when you increase it digitally, clarity is lost due to pixalation. They are also i/r fussy, easil

Just eat more carrots ye fanny, job done! 

As it happens I have one I was going to bin (bought a pard).. when it's on for a long time the screen goes red and the rubber eye cup is missing.  If you want to try it to get an idea before you buy I

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Has anyone on here used a Yukon photon? They’re reasonably cheap used and I was thinking of putting one on a .22 for night time rabbits. I realise that they aren’t the latest technology, but for a couple of hundred to put on a .22, worth it?

I’d say yes for a rimfire, my mate had one on a .22 rimmy and at the distance you would shoot rabbits it did the job perfectly, I do remember it was a nightmare to zero but that was down to his poundland mounts and the bloke thing of not reading the instructions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Used them for years till pards came along, fine for what your wanting it for but they are rubbish in daylight!

perfect for round farms and paddocks with air or rim22

id go for the mk2 in the lower mag if I was you, had all of them and think that was the best

Edited by si brown
  • Like 2

Had the 5x42 maxed out with a camera lens and then bought a pard  007 .

Sorry I'd save my money up  and get a pard or Wraith .

Having already sold a kidney I have the Thermion as well as advised by Dave .

The pard gone go from rifle to rifle with no dramas atb 

• Like 1

Was getting on fine till lockdown. 

Shot a fox with it and loadsa rabbits then not allowed to travel for shooting here.

Been told March 29th shooting can resume so can't wait .

Have you updated firmware yet ,couldn't do mine .

But a quick email to Yukon did some computer magic their end and done dusted.

They even emailed twice to make sure it had worked and I was happy with it ?

Got 50 metres .22 and 100m .243 saved and even when the batteries die it still saves them .

The viewing range is awesome atb

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dervburner said:

As it happens I have one I was going to bin (bought a pard).. when it's on for a long time the screen goes red and the rubber eye cup is missing.  If you want to try it to get an idea before you buy I'll give it you..

• Like 5
On 19/03/2021 at 08:05, Stavross said:

I’ve got the wraith on the .223 and for the money it’s very good, it’s 4-32 and goes up in increments of 4, it works best on 4 or 8, 12x is quite pixelated and above that is pretty much unusable 

Is it 4K you got mate or the Hd?

22 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Get a drone the rest are on a similar level. But the drone is a different level from all the other digital NV units. It won't record, have millions of reticles, etc etc but If you want clarity and the best digital NV scope made get a drone

If there is anything i have learned from the world of n/v and watching other people is "buy once cry once". The number of lads i see constantly buying the next cheaper end of n/v hoping it will live up to the hype is staggering. They buy n/v scopes that are only suitable for rimfire ranges and try to stretch them out with stronger i/rs or changing the lenses etc only to be disappointed again. When they have bought two or three of these scopes they could of bought something proper in the first place.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ianm said:

If there is anything i have learned from the world of n/v and watching other people is "buy once cry once". The number of lads i see constantly buying the next cheaper end of n/v hoping it will live up to the hype is staggering. They buy n/v scopes that are only suitable for rimfire ranges and try to stretch them out with stronger i/rs or changing the lenses etc only to be disappointed again. When they have bought two or three of these scopes they could of bought something proper in the first place.

I have tried everything NV pretty much. Have a pard on hmr witch is perfect for that rifle. But as said earlier finally settled on drone for foxing rifle.

Tried a few thermal scopes but I Iike to see what I am shooting.........

Wait for replies to that one ?

Edited by bumpy22
  • Like 1